Series Pooling

jasonmcroy
Go to solution Solved by jasonmcroy,

jasonmcroy

Hey guys. Now that the Beta server allows series pooling, I have a question. I had never really needed it in the past but lately I have gone back to recording TV Shows using the HDHomerun DVR software and it records to a separate folder on the same drive as my already existing TV recordings. What I did was just add both of those folders into my TV Shows folder on the Emby server and this solution is working great on all the Emby Apps except where I use the Kodi addon. In Kodi, it always shows an extra season folder for the show listed in the HDHomerun recordings folder. Is this a problem in Kodi itself that won't allow it or something with the addon that could be added or a setting I need to adjust?

Now before anyone suggests just moving the recordings over to my existing TV Shows folder, I am doing some testing of playback using the HDHomerun DVR and the software will only recognize the files it records and only if they are not altered in any way. So, I am trying to make it easy on myself because they don't have watched or resume status built in yet so I have to actually the majority of show watching in Emby so everything is marked when watched, etc.

If you can just tell me that either it can't be done or that it can and how I can figure out what to do next as a solution if it can't be done. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
jasonmcroy

The extra season folder wasn't a duplicate. However, since my post I changed my folders anyway to work around the issue since I didn't receive a response. Now Emby is pointing at my HDHR recordings folder directly and I moved all of my existing TV Shows over to the same folder. It's a little wonky in the folder itself since the HDHR recordings don't create a Season level folder, only a Series level folder (so my HDHR recordings are outside of the existing Season folders).

With it set up this way it's not an issue anymore. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok! Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I'm glad you found a way to work around your issue. If ever you want to give a try at a later time, just PM me - I have some time to look into it.

Edited by Angelblue05

jasonmcroy

Ok, no worries. I don't expect you guys to have time to get to everyone right away. I will let you know if something changes in the future. Thanks.

• Like 1