Emby Classic takes 2-3 minutes to start

rms8
Go to solution Solved by rms8,

rms8

Something odd happened to my Emby Classic installation while we were on vaca......

I received 8Gb of memory for the HTPC while we were away, so I installed that.  I then started Emby on the HTPC.  When I click the icon from WMC, it just sits there.  WMC is actually frozen and I had to kill the app via Task Manager.  I then remembered that I had turned the Server off.  So I started the Server.  Then restarted the Emby HTPC.  No change in symptom.  Although this time instead of killing the process due to no activity, I let it go.  Emby finally started up, but it literally took 2-3 minutes.

The only thing which changed from the last time I used it (the day before we left for vaca last week) was the installation of 8Gb of memory (vs the 4Gb).  So I re-installed the 4Gb of memory.  Still no change.  I put the 8Gb back in.  I then changed the theme back to Subdued, but no change.  I was using Throgs themes sine he recently re-released them for Emby.  I then installed the Beta update, but still no change.

Log attached.

MBClassic-762016d53cf465d2c2447084822e818784e1ad.log

Edited by rms8

rms8

Hmmm,

Do you think something happened with Emby Classic when I started the machine the first time while the Server was shut down?  Then I started the Server and perhaps the Server was issued a different IP and now Emby is searching for the Server each time I try to start Emby?  Essentially an IP address issue?

2016-06-07 15:30:08.2194,Warning,,Unable to connect to configured server 192.168.1.228:8096. Will try automatic detection,1,Application
2016-06-07 15:30:08.2944,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.229:8096/emby/System/Info/Public?format=Json,1,Application
2016-06-07 15:30:08.3274,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.1.229:8096/emby/Users/Public?isDisabled=False&format=Json,1,Application
2016-06-07 15:30:08.4204,Info,,Connected to server SERVER-PC at http://192.168.1. 229:8096,1,Application

I would figure Emby would be smart enough to update itself if the Server IP changed.  Is this what happened?  The Server was issued a different IP when I started it up (last octet), so it appears Emby is trying to find the server on the OLD IP address.

Edited by rms8

• Solution
rms8

Fixed it.

I changed the last octet in the  ServerAddress in the configuration file.  It is now more responsive.

If you have EMC configured to connect to a particular address, we won't change that.  If you want it to automatically discover the server, then set that option in the Advanced config pane.  However, you won't be able to auto login in that case.

What I really suggest is that you assign a static IP to your Emby Server machine because this is going to cause problems with port forwarding and external access as well.