Playback Resume and Watched Status

James W

James W

I am not sure of the proper operation of the Android application from the Android store but it if you leave the application for any reason and return the video will start playback from the very beginning. This is an issue when you receive a phone call or get a email/text and respond to it while watching something. Why is the payback state/time not store is the android saved state status so when returning to the application it picks up where you left off?

Next issue is when watching a movie/show after the video is over why are they not automatically marked watched? Also when marking them watched it should not be needed to exit the current screen for the status to update. When populating the view it should be refreshed after a change is made and do not make the user do that manually.  

I do not have any logs right now because I am not sure if this is by design or was overlooked etc.

Device 

LG V10 - Android 6.0 

• Like 1

Hi, welcome. Thanks for the report. I'll look at it for a future  update to the app.

• Like 1

James W

Thank you. The video resume part should be fairly simple I think like below. Also the watched status should not be that difficult just check if 70-80% of the video was played and then marked watched. 

I have no idea how you are doing the views but a simple trigger force a view refresh should not be too bad. 

@Override
   public void onSaveInstanceState(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
	super.onSaveInstanceState(savedInstanceState);
	savedInstanceState.putInt("Position", mVideoView.getCurrentPosition());
	mVideoView.pause();
   }

@Override
   public void onRestoreInstanceState(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
	super.onRestoreInstanceState(savedInstanceState);
	position = savedInstanceState.getInt("Position");
	mVideoView.seekTo(position);
   }

Great app by the way. Thank you for all the work you and everyone else does making emby great

• 3 months later...
Concept211

I'm having the exact same issue. If I'm watching a tv show or movie, I'll pause the playback and then turn off the screen. When I turn the screen back on and click the play button to resume, it starts back in the beginning and loses the previous position. I've tried this on multiple Android devices (OnePlus One, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Lenovo Tablet, etc). I get the same issue on all of them even though I'm running the very latest version of Emby on all. It's extremely frustrating :(

• Like 2