Kodi, Emby, and Folder Views

Parjai

Parjai

Hi all,

I have a question that I hope there might be an answer to.  Currently, I'm running Emby Server with Emby for WMC, and I love it.  I've moving into a new HTPC that will be running Win10 so I'll be losing WMC as a result (I know there are hacks to load it still, just don't feel like working on it).  I was going to go to a Kodi setup as I can add some streaming sites on as well through Kodi.  My first testing was decent, but I can't quite get it the way I  want.

First, a little info about my server setup.  I have several different libraries built, one for TV, one for Movies, one for Anime, etc... about 7 in total.  I have some things organized in group folders within that too, i.e. all the Star Trek series in a folder called Star Trek Collection.  Also, my movies are organized in folders alphabetically - "A" for movies that start with A, "B" for B, etc.  In Emby for WMC, and in Emby Theater, I can view these as folders just how I like them.

However, in Kodi, it just throws everything into either a Movies view or TV Shows view.  I got closer by creating favorites to the libraries in Kodi, but it's still not quite where I want it.  It still does not display folders the way I would like, especially in the Movies library.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to get this to a folder view, like a particular skin (I'm new to Kodi, but it looks like different skins have different customization options), or something I can set in Kodi or Emby to make it display the way I want?

Ultimately for Movies, I'd like it to be: (Using part of my S folder as an example)

"A"

"B"

etc

"S"

---Serenity

---The Shadow

---Shawshank Redemption

---Star Wars Collection

------SW Episode I

------SW Episode II

---Stealth

---Super 8

etc.

Vidman

Yes in kodi you definitely need to use a different skin than the default as the default does not allow any customisation of the home screen other than disabling some items. I suggest the titan skin as the default look is pretty nice but it's also infinitely customisable. Once installed you need to configure your homescreen shortcuts (settings/skin settings/configure shortcuts) by deleting the default movies and tv items and add shortcuts to point to your emby nodes

Btw i am assuming you have installed setup and working emby for kodi kodi addon already

Edited by Vidman

Parjai

Thanks for the suggestion!  I hadn't tried Titan out yet, and so far so good.  I need to do a little work to customize it, but I think it's going to get me the closest to what I'm looking for.