Question about transcoding and streaming

outlawman

outlawman

Hello!

I am new here and have no clue, what has ben answered yet, i did search a bit, but found nothing about this.

I have a media sever at home (q6600 2.4GHz, Nvidia 630 2GB, 3Gb of ram, running Windows Server 2012 R2), and i want to know, if this is possilble.

I want to make my server do all the work for video, cause i have some older laptops at home and they don't really play 1080p and 720p. Is there a way to do this? 

Edited by outlawman

Hi, welcome. Just install Emby Server, along with your Emby app(s) of choice and it will handle this for you. Check out our quick start guide:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Quick%20start

Or do you have a more specific question? For example, have you tried something and encountered a problem, or are you just gathering information right now?

outlawman

Hi, welcome. Just install Emby Server, along with your Emby app(s) of choice and it will handle this for you. Check out our quick start guide:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Quick%20start

Or do you have a more specific question? For example, have you tried something and encountered a problem, or are you just gathering information right now?

Just gathering info, i have the server and app installed, and i will check out the guide to see if i missed something.

Thanks

outlawman

Thank you, 

i have just one more question and then i am good for now,

Is it possible to change from 1080p to 720p (or lower) on Emby Theater on PC? Cause i do not se the option, and it would be awesome if it were possible, like it is on the mobile app.

Edited by outlawman

Yea go into app settings by clicking the user icon in the top right -> settings. then playback settings.