Deleted Library Still Scanning

smokey7722
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

smokey7722

Many many months if not years ago at this point I had removed a Library including all of my Anime.  However today while looking at the Emby logs for something else, I noticed that Emby is still scanning the folders when it performs a scan!  So I went back into the Library configuration and I confirmed, there is no library for Anime and I don't have the Anime folder included in any other libraries.

I can grab log snippets if needed but it really doesn't show anything but it scanning folders it should not...

Short of deleting my entire Library.db file and having it rescan everything, which is a huge pain in the ass - is there any way to try to resolve this?

Edited by smokey7722

• Solution

Let the clean database operation execute, it cleans this up. However - if this is really old content then it may have trouble deleting it because various internal conventions have changed over time. Therefore if the issue persists after that, then yes you'll probably need to rebuild the library database.

• Like 1

smokey7722

Let the clean database operation execute, it cleans this up. However - if this is really old content then it may have trouble deleting it because various internal conventions have changed over time. Therefore if the issue persists after that, then yes you'll probably need to rebuild the library database.

I suspect this has been going on for quite a long time now (my scanning times have been in the range of 20-25 minutes all the time which is one reason I was monitoring logs to see if I can find out why).  The Clean Database task runs as it should and I did manually run it earlier which didn't seem to resolve it as the scan right now is running through that old folder unfortunately.

It has been YEARS since I have had to rebuild the library database - is it just renaming/deleting the library.db file and then letting it scan again?  And does that remove the Library configuration in Emby as well as playstates of the content?

yes that's enough, and you'll be able to keep your playstate and configuration.

smokey7722

yes that's enough, and you'll be able to keep your playstate and configuration.

Ok, I will kick that off before I go to sleep then as I suspect the scan is going to take many many many hours (my library is sizable).  Once the rescan is done I will check the logs and see how things look.

Thanks

smokey7722

Looks like it ran overnight and has definitely cleaned a ton up, the library.db file started at 470MB and the new one is only 250MB.  There has to be more than just the removed Anime library thats been removed.  Either way, the logs do look a lot cleaner now and I can start looking at other errors in the logs to clean it up more.  New scans take about 12 minutes compared to the 20-25 minutes prior to the library rebuild.

smokey7722

Yup no problem.  Its unfortunate that this happened and that we don't have logs or any data to go by to analyze and enhance the clean database functionality.  I do have the original library.db and the new one if we did want to compare them and all.  I'd be happy to help do so if you guys wanted to and if it would be useful.

Edited by smokey7722