Can not get Emby android app to play movies on smart TV

pogono82

pogono82

Hello,

I have my server setup on my WIndows 10 desktop PC. Everything works perfectly on there. I also have Emby on my Android phone. Everything works perfectly on there.

I also have a Sharp smart Android TV (sharp LC-Ux30US) that has Emby (newest version) on it. I can connect to my server. All my movies show up but when I click to play a movie, the movie fails to start playing. All the menus for the movie show up but the movie itself never starts to play. All of my settings are default on Emby TV app. I am soooooooooooooo frustrated with this. I am pretty close to asking for a refund. I have spent hours troubleshooting this issue instead of watching movies with my family.

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you,

Tyson

What, exactly, happens when the movie "fails to start playing"?   Messages on the screen, etc...?

• Like 1

pogono82

The menu shows up for the movie. I click play. Wheel just starts spinning and movie starts to play. Freezes up emby and I have to restart TV. I ended up going out last night and buying Amazon Fire and downloaded Emby onto it. Works perfectly now.