Changes to "If you like X, check out..."?

Pais

shorty1483

@@Pais in latest dev I only got trailers...this just begins to really bother me. I found not one suggestion link for a movie from outta my libraries, just trailers[emoji35] Does it not look the same on your side?

5fdb26c1defae6a22b8afdace56eba08.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483

Koleckai Silvestri

I just noticed that suggestions seem to be back to library specific instead of cross library  I missed this in the release notes, belated well done devs! Glad trailers and TV are gone.

This is not the case. I am still getting movies such as "28 Weeks Later" (Zombie Horror) as suggestions for "Winnie The Pooh" (animated children). They share nothing in common and are in completely different libraries.

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to be prompted with a trailer item for similar/related items?

Because it would alert you to similar movies you don't already have that you may want to see/acquire.

shorty1483

Because it would alert you to similar movies you don't already have that you may want to see/acquire.

I see this point. But it makes no sense that Emby recommends me a trailer for a movie I have. Then it should show the movie from the library.

And Emby should give recommended movies in libraries a higher priority than trailers.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

I see this point. But it makes no sense that Emby recommends me a trailer for a movie I have. Then it should show the movie from the library.

And Emby should give recommended movies in libraries a higher priority than trailers.

Yes, but those are different points from the question you originally asked :).  The logic isn't perfect yet and can/will be improved.  In today's world where we don't have to wait two years between releases, things tend to evolve from simple to more complex implementations over time.  We will get there.

• Like 1

shorty1483

Yes, but those are different points from the question you originally asked :).  The logic isn't perfect yet and can/will be improved.  In today's world where we don't have to wait two years between releases, things tend to evolve from simple to more complex implementations over time.  We will get there.

My first question was a rhetorical one  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
HaraldBluetooth

I also had to uninstall the Trailers plugin, because this behaviour, that only trailers are shown in "If you like x movie, check these out", must be a bug. This behaviour was way better before the change in this code.

aspdend

I agree, having the trailers included in this feature is really irritating - I like this feature without the trailers included!

• 3 weeks later...