Error playing videos

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Beta server 3.1.8.0

Noticed the issue when trying to load up Theatre. First off, most, but not all of the widgets populated so I figured something was up. No background videos played, and I just saw a spinning circle when trying to play a show.

Checked out the server end and sure enough, nothing will play. Theme videos and media files all come up as Video Error: There was an error playing the video.

Thought it might be the new Beta, so I regressed to the most recent stable, 3.0.5972. Still having the same issue. 

Most recent logs are included. Please help, I'm all out of ideas!

Also, the logs ever since have been labelled remux-yadda yadda yadda instead of server-numbers. I also included the most recent log labelled server

Edit: Should note, my library scans have been stalling at around 10% when this started. When restarting the server I get "Scan media library failed. Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'SqliteItemRepository has been disposed and cannot be accessed'". Not sure if that's helpful or it's only because the scan was interrupted.

Edit 2: For some stupid reason I also set up windows media center player (which I never use). Maybe something happened with the default checklist? I dunno, kinda grasping at straws here

Edit 3: Ummm, so now I'm trying to run a scan (which is taking forever) and all the media from my primary harddrive has a red offline tag in the upper right. I suspect when the scan gets to the next drive it'll be the same with everything on that drive. I don't like this. Updated with newest log

Edit 4: Soooo, just noticed now that on my 1st drive (one folder for tv, one for movies) theres a new folder in each (tv and movies). The new folder in tv contains the folder tree and one .nfo file from an episode of star trek voyager, which is on drive 2. The new one in movies contains an .nfo file from a movie, also on drive 2. This is strange. Further investigating will be required.

Edit 5: I am eating my feelings

Edit 6: The mystery folder in drive 1's TV folder has now gone from Star Trek Voyager>Season 7>ep 7x17.nfo, to now include Extrafanart, Extrathumbs, and all artwork. It is growing...

Edit 7: There's a new log, no remux, now says server-numbers. Yay?

Edit 8: Apologies for making this so long. Throwing up updates in real time hoping any info will help. Library scan is just over 55% now. Media from drive 1 is all "offline". Media from drive 2 is all missing. Media from drive 3 actually plays. Not sure what that means. I'll recheck drive 3 as the scan progresses. Don't have high hopes

remux-7c08df6d-f396-4b2d-b95c-e418f5c15dfa.txt

remux-393c34df-4858-437f-a24c-6120e9750e6c.txt

remux-b7b32ae3-0a2b-4832-bf0d-0aa5b01faf67.txt

server-63600352497.txt

remux-2e0af83d-8fa5-45d1-aed2-87451b16227b.txt

server-63600642311.txt

Edited by Jack Burton

The logs look OK except ffmpeg is a little hung up for whatever reason. Try removing the kodi sync plugin and see if that makes a difference. 

Also you can eliminate ffmpeg altogether by sharing your media folders over the network and setting up path substitution. To learn more, check out our wiki on library setup:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Library%20Setup

Let us know if you're still having issues. Thanks.

Jack Burton

Thanx for the response, I was going nuts ;) I removed Kodi sync, and restarted. Library scan jumped quickly to 61% so thats, nice. Taking a bit to finish now. However my media on drive 1 still says offline. Should I try a rescan once it's finished?

Jack Burton

Aha! Somehow my drive letters changed on 2 of my drives. That would do it. Gonna rescan but I'm pretty confident things will work now

Jack Burton

Hoping this will do it. Been stuck at 0.5% for about 20 mins but I'll leave it for a few hours

• 4 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

I found that, by sharing the drives on your network (even an internal one) and setting the path substitution for the drives, I no longer have any problems with my scans.

Make sure you set the external paths as the scan folders, not the internal ones.

Mine scans 10 locations over 6 different drives.

I found that, by sharing the drives on your network (even an internal one) and setting the path substitution for the drives, I no longer have any problems with my scans.

Make sure you set the external paths as the scan folders, not the internal ones.

Mine scans 10 locations over 6 different drives.

Actually this is a little opposite. Internal paths are recommended + path substitution for network access. Path substitution won't affect the library scan.

• Like 1