Calling all members.... Become part of promotions team

Cheesegeezer

Do you think it's a good idea to put all of that stuff under paid though? for instance you can setup the server and use several of those apps at no cost at all - roku, mbc, mbt, web client, iphone, etc

Cheesegeezer

Do you think it's a good idea to put all of that stuff under paid though? for instance you can setup the server and use several of those apps at no cost at all - roku, mbc, mbt, web client, iphone, etc

Yeah, i guess there maybe strict guidelines for posting, but if not i would remove the paid elements.

trusselo

Yeah, i guess there maybe strict guidelines for posting, but if not i would remove the paid elements.

this section is strictly for paid apps.

its kinda hard to introduce the Android or WP app without explaining the whole system, however i can highlight the fact that the rest of the system is free and open-source further than it already is.  N/M fixed, first quote box/2nd paragraph.  Can branch out from there.  the guys over there love the "it works with EVERYTHING" products.  Displayed as such.

• Like 2

trusselo

I also created a thread in the XDA recognized developer (hidden special group) forum, letting them know about development opportunities here...

since no-one can view the thread without being a recognized developer, ill just quote it here.

MediaBrowser Community is looking for experienced developers to come by and help out with any of the many projects on the go, or create your own plugins and themes, and sell them on the MediaBrowser store.

http://mediabrowser.tv/

MediaBrowser is more than a media manager. It's a powerful open-source platform that you can use to manage, view, play and control your media on most mainstream hardware.

MediaBrowser consists of a server and any one or more of many clients to view and manage your multimedia collection.
The current list of clients include:
MBClassic (Original MB, Windows Media Center integration[plugin])
MBTheatre (Standalone PC based application)
Win 8 App (Windows Tablet or standalone PC based application for Windows 8)
Android App- (Available on google play and Amazon for Android OS devices and Kindle)
WindowsPhone App (Available in the WindowsPhone Store)
iOS App (Available thru AppStore)
Roku (Available from Roku Store || NowTV box from Sky is available for side loading)
WebClient (Browse your collection from your favourite internet browser thru HTML5)
XBMB3C (XBMC integration using MBServer with XBMC Front End)

At the moment, our server currently only runs on windows, however, a linux/OSx mono based server is under development. If you are an experienced Linux/osx dev, and would like to help out or join our team please feel free to stop by this thread here!

MediaBrowser is an open source project and welcomes developers from all coding backgrounds. If you are a developer and wish to get involved head on over to our github repository and check it out.[/size]https://github.com/MediaBrowser

Our plugin store allows developers to make free, premium supporter only, and paid plugins and themes available to users. While MediaBrowser is free, it does support itself on a supporter key system, where for a small donation, users have access to premium and paid plugins, in addition to the free plugins. **Plugins are currently only available for MB server, MB Classic and MB Theater, but you just may be the developer to change that! 

The plugin store is available through the server application, generally paid themes and plugins sell for between 2 and 10 USD.
READ THIS THREAD!

For more information on MediaBrowser, see this thread 
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49192982
or www.mediabrowser3.com 
or www.mediabrowser3.com/community
or https://github.com/MediaBrowser the android, and windows phone, and windows 8 client applications are not open source, and not specifically looking for help, however the right person and the right agreements... never know...

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
xXSagaiaXx

Is there any room for another promoter? I have been a huge supporter of MediaBrowser for a long time now and I would like to help out. I can give a couple of hour or more a week doing this.

Thanks,

S.

• Like 1

Is there any room for another promoter? I have been a huge supporter of MediaBrowser for a long time now and I would like to help out. I can give a couple of hour or more a week doing this.

Thanks,

S.

Yes, absolutely. @trusello, can you give him some assignments? I know you're not an iOS guy but we've neglected that a little.

• Like 1

trusselo

yes... please tell me you're an iphone guy.  We do need to get there...  i cant even fake it enough to consider going there.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

lol...I am a windows and android guy all the way. I don't think I can fake being an ios guy either.

Well, in that case i better step upto the plate..... being an iOS guy lol

Luke, trusselo, or anyone in fact.... any one know of some good sites to post on.  Even tho i'm an ios guy, i don't troll the forums.  Redmond Pie might let me blog over there, but thats more the Jailbreaking community.  I'll sort something out today or tomorrow at the latest.

Luke i've been out of it for a couple of days with travel, but is OSX working. I think I saw that someone had got it working and talking to his Server installed on OSX and was now populating images.  Are we good to include Mono/Linux server on the post.

Cheers

trusselo

k well,

we need to promote MB on forums, without being spammy or off-topic, in any type of fashion that seems appropriate for that site. We also need to find other sites and softwares to affiliate, and/or integrate with.  I would like to talk with the guy at unified remote and our member that is working on our remote for it. See if there is something we can do to benefit everyone.

Cheesegeezer

trusselo

Well, in that case i better step upto the plate..... being an iOS guy lol

Luke, trusselo, or anyone in fact.... any one know of some good sites to post on.  Even tho i'm an ios guy, i don't troll the forums.  Redmond Pie might let me blog over there, but thats more the Jailbreaking community.  I'll sort something out today or tomorrow at the latest.

Luke i've been out of it for a couple of days with travel, but is OSX working. I think I saw that someone had got it working and talking to his Server installed on OSX and was now populating images.  Are we good to include Mono/Linux server on the post.

Cheers

does the mono server support plugins and supporter key entry ect. yet?

Cheesegeezer

does the mono server support plugins and supporter key entry ect. yet?

Yes the plugins should be written in a fashion that mono can use them.

and always tailor your post to the audience, and why it would be meaningful for them. so if you post in the potter forums your headline could be something like Explore Hogwarts Castle with Media Browser

Cheesegeezer

it would be pretty funny if one of you did that

Yeah lol, that made me chuckle

Abo I know uses the Books plugin loads, hopefully he can provide some juicy screenshots for us.  I don't use the plugin but i'm sure someone could write up something

Alwin already made a gallery over in the book thread. I asked him to go post it on Calibre and he hasn't, but he made some great shots that can be used.

Cheesegeezer

cool.

i'm not gonna take the books one to promote, especially after Luke leaving me a shopping list the size of Capone's rap sheet lol for iOS.

Edited by Cheesegeezer