Add smb share (win7) from synology

93stisa
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

93stisa

Hi,

Before i talk about my issue I would like to thank the developers for this amazing software!

My setup

Emby Server: Windows 7.

Storage: Synology DS414 (encrypted folders).

Issue:

So, I'm having a issue accessing my storage on my NAS from my Emby server application.

I can access it from inside windows (network share), I added my storage as a network drive Z:\

But when I try to add it from Emby it doesnt show up on the list as a drive as I would like it to, the list is only C:\ and network.

I cant access the folder if I try to add it ass a network folder "\\Synology\shared\blabla\" Because is says it dont have permission.

And I think that is because it only works with SMB protocoll when the shared folder is encrypted (well its decrypted right now).

I didnt have this issue when I had the server application on a centos, I mounted the folder with SMB protocoll and could find it.

I would like to do the same on my windows machine.

The reason I changed OS is because when emby was scanning my library it got stuck.

Hi there, welcome. I think what you'll need to do is go onto the synology and configure permissions for the network share.

93stisa

Hi there, welcome. I think what you'll need to do is go onto the synology and configure permissions for the network share.

Thanks!

The folder that is encrypted does not allow NFS only SMB.

So how can I access it with SMB?

Edited by 93stisa

93stisa

57545e5e1b198_Namnls.png

As you can see, it does not show up on the list. When I try to add it as network I cant (nfs i guess).

93stisa

When I do that I get error: "There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and the Emby Server process has access to that location."

93stisa

as a test, try adding a  subfolder, so z:\folder

Nope, didnt help. I also tried to start the service (emby) with same username and password as on the synology.

93stisa

If you run not as a service, does it work?

HAHA !!! Nice, very nice!

Yes it works! Thanks alot Luke and ebr for the help! :)

Okay, then that just tells us it is simply a permissions or access issue.

If you want to run as a service you will just have to figure out how to give the service the proper credentials to see your share.