fast playback with audio on windows client

tixx

hey guys,

does the windows client support fast playback with audio?

If not, any plans on implementing this?

i dont know why, but none of the big 3 (kodi, emby and plex) support fast playback with audio. so many people use or would use this feature to watch things like long tv shows or lectures etc in faster playback..

thanks for the reply luke.

wheres the best place on the forums to request features? hopefully for all the emby players, not just windows.

kodi devs arent interested in adding this feature in even though the thread has close to 100k views. same goes for plex.

so many people would be interested in this feature if it was available, especially in todays age of binge watching.

I think the issue is not that nobody wants to do it, it's just a bit of a challenge taking into account all different types of file formats. Look at mpchc for example. It's been around for years and is extremely mature, but even it gets unstable and prone to crashing when you fast forward with certain video formats.

Thanks Luke.

theres also loads of examples where it works really well. even in 8+yr old little media boxes that feel archaic compared to the ones that are available now.

Hopefully someone on here attempts it :) happy to help out in any way possible with testing etc.

Vicpa

Hi @@tixx

The emby Win 10 Store app, supports fast playback with audio. Again as noted by Luke format dependent. Mp4 works. haven't really tried anything else.

-vicpa

• 6 months later...
customized

This is a bump, but I would love this feature.

Windows Media Center allows fast watching of recorded TV. Crucial for my spouse when watching slow paced reality TV. I'll try the windows 10 app, though my HTPC is windows 7 to keep WMC alive.