Moving emby onto new drive

bill the lizard

bill the lizard

I have a single 2tb drive install for an htpc running server and client. If I split off my media and clone my windows and emby install to an ssd, will it mess up my emby server install? I thought I read somewhere in the forums that new installs need a premiere key now? I can't find anything about it now that I am thinking about it. Thanks

Ponyo

Windows handles mechanical drivers differently than ssd's so I wouldn't clone windows.

What I would do is a clean install of windows and a clean install of emby. I think there is a plugin to export your configuration so you could use that for your new install and then you'd only have to rescan your library.

If you don't want to rescan your library you might be able to do a clean windows install and a clean emby install. Then shutdown emby and copy over the folders containing metadata and your config. That way you might not have to rescan everything though I never tried myself.

Happy2Play

Nothing has changed with installs and requiring a premiere key.  If you don't have one now and you do a clean install you will still have all the same features you currently have.  If you don't save metadata with media then your best bet is what @@Ponyo described above.