Coverart keeps changing image after I "fix" it

siredgar
Go to solution Solved by siredgar,

siredgar

This one has me flummoxed. I assume it's a setting or plug in that I have that's doing this to me, but darned if I can find it.

A few, not most, but a few of my primary images for both TV shows and movies show up as this half-height image for Battlestar Galactica (see the first "before" screencap).

I go into the images, delete that one, and search for and download the full height one (see the second "after" screencap). It applies, and appears to be there fine when I browse the titles.

Sometime in the next few minutes to a couple of hours, it will revert back to the half-height image in the first screencap. Every time.

Driving me crazy. Any input on where I go to stop this behavior?

Thanks!

post-620-0-77861800-1464900012_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-56638800-1464900021_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

What images are in that Series folder?

siredgar

Looks like it's the primary image I don't want that's still in that folder. And anticipating where you're going, I can't delete it or rename it across the network. Is this a permissions issue? This looks like a permissions issue...

post-620-0-28183900-1464900993_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

If you can't delete then yes you will need to figure out the permissions issues. 

• Like 1

siredgar

OK thank you. Is there a document on appropriate share/NTFS permissions for a Windows installation? I've obviously set a share too strict, but I don't want to leave it full read/write to everyone for fear of media being accidentally wiped out by someone poking around the network.  (I'm also looking in the wiki and searching the forum to see if I can find the answer).

Thanks for the help :)

• Solution
siredgar

Permission issue resolved and now working, thanks! I had added a new drive and moved some shares around on the server, and had given Everyone Read access, but had neglected to give the Emby server user account Change access.

• Like 1