Saving Metadata and .NFO files

PoBear
Go to solution Solved by PoBear,

PoBear

Sorry if these are basic questions.

I have "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" I thought this saved all metadata into individual folders for each video file, but it appears that it all being saved in user/appdata/roaming/...

Have I misunderstood as my older folders have the metadata in them and the newer ones do not?

I spotted this because I was trying to set up the system to produce NFO files, I have everything ticked in NFO settings but none are produced. It says "to enable NFO metadata, use the Advanced tab to configure options for your media types.", which advanced tab is it referring to because I can't see anything to turn them on or off.

Thanks

Happy2Play

@@Luke  Looks like that note need updated.

Go to Metadata-Services-Content type (use drop down for each type) and verify setting?

@@Luke  Looks like that note need updated.

Go to Metadata-Services-Content type (use drop down for each type) and verify setting?

Thanks.

To the original question, what files are you seeing? There are some things like chapter images that we still put in the metadata folder.

PoBear

As an example, I have the 2012 version of Anna Karenina which was added on 30/1/16, the video is my movies folder in a folder labelled "Anna Karenina (2012)", the only thing in the folder is the video, MB has downloaded and stored the following images in addition to the plot etc. in appdata;

Primary

Art

Banner

Logo

Thumb

Backdrop

Whereas After.Life which was added on 9/12/15 has in addition to the video

extrafanart folder with fanart1

fanart

landscape

logo

movie.xml

poster

PoBear

I do have NFO ticked for movies but it does not appear have created any unless they are also in appdata!

ok, keep in mind that changing the setting does not immediately create nfo's. it is only for new metadata that is saved going forward. so as a test, try refreshing a movie from it's detail screen and watch the folder. If the issue persists, please provide the info requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

PoBear

where is it going to be created? with the video or in appdata?

Can someone confirm that the above setting for save artwork should save everything in the same folder as the video?

• Solution
PoBear

OK to close.

At sometime the sharing options for the folder have bee reset to read only which is why nothing was being created in the video folder, now I just have to figure out how that happened.

• Like 1