MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe missing

shilep
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

shilep

I recently tried to uninstall, then reinstall the EMBY server on a Windows 8.1 desktop.  The uninstall, using Programs and Features in the Control Panel, only partially worked.  I needed to use "rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache" in order to get the installer program (setup.exe) to run again.  Howerver, the installation was halted with the following error"

Windows cannot find
'C:\Users\peshile\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\2JVTZNHD.593...\MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Can anyone offer suggests/help?

Thanks.

• Solution

First, make sure some anti-malware program isn't messing with it.  Top offenders are usually Norton and Avast.

Next, you may need to try in a new Windows user profile if the cache clear didn't work.

shilep

Thanks. 

I am running Norton.  It is setup to allow MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe.  Should I allow MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe or anything else?

shilep

Did allow MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe, which did the trick.  Server installation was successful afterwards.

Thanks for your help.

DarWun

Thanks. 

I am running Norton.  It is setup to allow MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe.  Should I allow MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe or anything else?

You may want to check NIS's Firewall rules for MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe.  When I tried to install the stable version of Emby the other day to troubleshoot a problem I was having, I found that NIS automatically created a rule blocking the installer program from running.  NIS didn't popup a notification telling me it was doing this.  I only became aware that the rule had been created when I checked the NIS activity log.