Req: Skipping the Seasons screen if only one season exists

Diedrich

Diedrich

Hi. I have a workflow request, please. When viewing a TV series with only one season it would be great if we had the option to have the (various) client interfaces skip the Season screen and go directly to the list of episodes.

Current: TV>Series>Season>Episode

Request: TV>Series>Episode (if a series has only one season with media)

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

are you referring to the web client here??, as i think most of the other emby clients/apps already do this

Edited by MrWebsmith

yea i did this in the old Emby Theater and feedback wasn't so great. But a lot has changed in three years and click counts seem to rule the day now.

I dunno.  You still need a way to access the actual series information.

So, if we do this, perhaps it is that it just displays the episodes right there on the series view instead of bypassing it and going into the season view...

• Like 1

Diedrich

I dunno. You still need a way to access the actual series information.

So, if we do this, perhaps it is that it just displays the episodes right there on the series view instead of bypassing it and going into the season view...

That's what I was going for, I didn't describe it well.

Problem would be showing actor/studio/director info. How would you segregate that per episode?

And yes, I meant the displays on the clients. I'm assuming this optional setting would be a server thing so that's why I posted it here.

Edited by dvgmar

I dunno.  You still need a way to access the actual series information.

Yea that's what I was thinking and that's what the original Emby Theater did. I think it's a great idea. Especially for mini-series. Who wants to drill into season 1 of band of brothers, because anyone who watched it on tv isn't going to think of it as season 1.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yea that's what I was thinking and that's what the original Emby Theater did. I think it's a great idea. Especially for mini-series. Who wants to drill into season 1 of band of brothers, because anyone who watched it on tv isn't going to think of it as season 1.

So what's the status of this feature request? I've been searching settings up and down, assuming that it must exist, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

• Like 1