1st video each start up takes 10-20 secs

Disorganise

Disorganise

Each time I start ET, the first show I open always starts immediately with audio but leaves the video on the static image of the synopsis for 10 to 20 seconds. Subsequent shows play the video immediately.

Been happening since I installed (2.2.5 i think) and still happens in 2.3.8.

Presume a bug....anything I can do to get logs or something to help? Or maybe....anyone else seeing same or is it just me?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

it is the bitrate test between the app and server. you can avoid this by specifying your own bitrate. but leaving it on Auto is recommended, despite the one-time delay.

mentasm

Wouldn't it be better to do the test without displaying video or playing sound and just showing a black screen? Once done start the play back with video and audio in sync. As it is you can end up missing a few seconds of the start of a video

Wouldn't it be better to do the test without displaying video or playing sound and just showing a black screen? Once done start the play back with video and audio in sync. As it is you can end up missing a few seconds of the start of a video

Completely unrelated as it all happens before playback is even attempted.

mentasm

Why do we experience audio running without associated video then?  If it does happen before playback is attempted, the bitrate test is not the cause of this issue and something else is happening

Disorganise

Several shows start content immediately so you end up missing it.

Workaround seems to be hit play, hit pause, wait the 20 seconds for the show to appear and hit play.

Good day,

I can confirm this, sure it only few second till the video start, but audio always coming before video when you click on play.

Server and theater at the same PC.

My best

mentasm

Are you running the Windows app or in a browser? 

Windows app here

Disorganise

I thought ET was an app...and the browser something else. Anyway, ET app and Emby Server on same PC.

I noticed last night the delay was much less.....nearer 5 seconds - fluke? Not sure. Maybe there was a tweak in the build. Guess we'll find out tonight.

I think I'd rather a spinning "hold on I'm busy testing" circle than miss the start of the 1st show. It's not like we don't have a delay to start ET in the first place (to update itself) so a delay to play 1st vid wouldn't be an issue.

I don't really know how many different ways we can say that those two things are completely unrelated.

Guest asrequested

I don't really know how many different ways we can say that those two things are completely unrelated.

it is the bitrate test between the app and server. you can avoid this by specifying your own bitrate. but leaving it on Auto is recommended, despite the one-time delay.

So the delay in the picture while the sound plays, has nothing to do with the bitrate test? Is there a setting we can adjust, or is this a bug?

Disorganise

Ok, i guess you're referring to the test....which you brought up in the first place btw.

Maybe we go back to the original report. I start ET. Once it finishes doing stuff I navigate to a TV show and hit ok to play.

The show starts with audio only for 5 to 20 seconds before the video kicks in and you therefore miss that start of thw show.

Ergo, something is broken.

The show starts with audio only for 5 to 20 seconds before the video kicks in

Ok, this i have never seen before. 

Good day,

To my last reply, this problem do not happens any more, video kick in same as audio.

I do not know what fix this, the server or the theater build.

My best

Disorganise

Yes, last night there was no delay for me either.

Disorganise

Tonight the show also started with audio and video straight away. ET version 2.4.1. So it seems the issue has been resolved....even though we might not know what it was.