Merge Information from Collection and Folder

SuperMario

SuperMario

it´s my third time a write a posting in this forum and I am an Austrian guy, so my mother language is german, so please be patiently with me.

I am an old stager in IT, so i arrange all my movies in folders. Example: First in Folder "Action", than all "India Jones"-Movies in Folder "Indiana Jones", because i use this folder-structure also in other programs, not only for emby. (see screenshot "Movies in Folder")

I like the plugin "Auto box sets" and make also my on collections.

But when i search for movies, i see a blank poster from my folder. (see screenshot "old view")

Is it possible to merge the information from the collection to the folder and show the infos in one picture. (see screenshot "new view")

Thanks for infos about that,

Mario

post-71306-0-86823500-1464773839_thumb.jpg

post-71306-0-62067500-1464773840_thumb.jpg

post-71306-0-47113100-1464773841_thumb.jpg

Put a folder.jpg or poster.jpg in the indiana jones folder. This will be the image you see for that collection. Since you have neither you see the blank folder icon.

Setzen Sie ein folder.jpg oder poster.jpg in der Indiana-Jones- Ordner . Dies wird das Bild, das Sie für diese Sammlung zu sehen. Aus diesem Grund sehen Sie die leere Ordner-Symbol .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

SuperMario

hello speechles,

thanks for the info. Yes this will work, but for me is "the folder = the collection", because i put the movies together in this folder.

So when I make a folder and put the movies in it and I or the plugin makes a collection, i will have all information in the collection and shown this in the view as the folder view and not separated as collection. "the folder is the collection!"

Why shall i make jpg´s or information, when all is collected in the collection.

Do you understand my arguments?

Thanks Mario

hi, this is a good idea to add for the future. in the meantime, what you can do is just add a "folder.jpg" file into the folder and that will be used as the image.