Naming of Episodes from Series with mkv

SuperMario

SuperMario

Hello together,

it´s my first time a write a posting in this forum and I am an Austrian guy, so my mother language is german, so please be patiently with me.

Since one or two month, i notice, that my mkv-files have title in it, like "CSI Cyber - S02E16 - Suenden---Bestrafung - mkv - by XYZ".

I always correct the filename to the rules "S02E16 - #Sünden #Bestrafung.mkv".

But now I realized, that in the metadata of emby the title will be entered as the mkv-title, which a can´t correct in the mkv-file.

At the moment i must change every episode in the metadata manager.

So, can you please give me advice, what i made wrong, or how can i change this, that my episodes are named in the emby client, so i can see how the title of the episode is. (see screenshots)

Or can you make a softwarechange, that i can choose, that the title is given is from the filename or the videofile-title?

Thanks for help

Mario

post-71306-0-37070200-1464771597_thumb.jpg

post-71306-0-81894100-1464771597_thumb.jpg

Hi, welcome. You've done nothing wrong, this is something we added recently.

Do you have Emby internet metadata services enabled? If so then that title should get replaced by the title from tvdb. 

SuperMario

Hi, admin. Thanks for your answers.

Yes i have enabled the metadata services. But only from "TheMovieDb", because I edit and care these before I put the episodes to emby. (Mediatyp: TV, Season and Episodes)

The only solution is we'd have to provide an option to not use the embedded name in the mkv.