scan speed, if you have some more files

newby

newby

we are already aware about the individual functions . Thanks to the Administration for the tip . :D  Our problem is that it takes hours to scan the normal database every day . I can understand that the initialization scan bit longer . But can not understand that when all the data are already available , it takes another hour or six hours.

Ist das Programm schon nach über 100000 titeln überfordert?

we are already aware about the individual functions . Thanks to the Administration for the tip . Our problem is that it takes hours to scan the normal database every day . I can understand that the last initialization scan bit longer . But can not understand that when all the data are already available , it takes another hour .

Another Problem: MusicBrains do not work and give a error back. this will slow down scan process.

Edited by newby

pclausen

I don't have music or photos in my libraries, but I do have a decent amount of movies (2,562) and TV shows (10,809).

Here are the times from my last scan:

embylibscan.JPG

I do have a fast fiber based Internet connection, so perhaps that is could be the issue.

Now I do have a music collection of some 425,000 tracks, which I manage via JRiver Media Center.  Just for grins, I suppose I could try to let Emby scan that folder to see how long it would take.  

pclausen

I went ahead and added my music library to Emby and started a scan.  It is going to take a LONG time.  It got to 13.7% quickly, which I guess is when it hit the new music folder and it has been stuck there for the last 15 minutes or so.  Here's what the server is doing at the moment:

embymusicscan.JPG

So just now (after maybe 20 minutes), the scan jumped to 72% and finally started scanning the actual music files on the Y: drive (Raid array).

embymusicscan2.JPG

From Resource Monitor I can see Emby slowly chewing through the music collection.  JRiver takes about 6 hours to scan the content from a clean install.  Let's see how Emby compares.

dcook

I have the following:

Movies: 2516

TV Episodes: 22,452

Cartoons: 1145

Photos: 65

Music: 21,559

Music Videos: 260

My last scan:

575180a8b2b9f_scan.jpg

Only the initial scan should take a long time, however if you add or make lots of changes to your library then it could also take long time.

Yesterday I added 5 movies and 2 seasons of Rome, and Gotham so it took longer than few minutes, in this case 16 minutes and 24 seconds

I would say you have issues with your library or your Internet connection, it should not be taking 9 hours every time it runs.

Edited by dcook

TheShanMan

I was hoping to get some feedback here. I don't want to post a massive log that'll get ignored because it's too hard to look through nor do I want to grab the log file too early. If I just let it go for around an hour to make sure it captures everything necessary, will that work and will you have a look?

I'm not getting help this way so I'm going to start a new thread along with a 50 mb log file.

pclausen

So after 4 days of Emby working on importing my Music archive, it had gotten to 85% so I killed it and removed that folder from my library.  Even though it was only at 85%, all ~425,000 tracks were visible in the Client, as were the Artists (although both took several minutes to show the first time).  Never could get album-artist to populate, but perhaps that is what Emby was still working on when I killed it.  I also found that searches in general were much slower than before, which would make sense I suppose, given that the size of the database had increase by several orders of magnitudes.

JRiver Media Center still seems to be the preferred application for dealing with very large collections.  In Emby's defense, JRiver is currently on version 21, so they have had many years (well over a decade) to perfect and optimize their code for speed.  Also JRiver started out with a focus on music collection management and playback.

• 5 weeks later...
newby

Okay,,, have setup a new emby server with all files. First run can take 2 Days. If ready, 10 hours for 4000 movies, 110000 songs and 25000 pictures every day..... whow???

newby

Hello,

after second scan. the time for all files are 4 hours and 30 minutes. 

i have install next beta release. the scan-time after this release is 5 hours and 30 minutes. 1 hour more

Happy2Play

Only the a log will tell you why it taking so long.

Only the a log will tell you why it taking so long.

It takes so long if you have many files..  i have install beta release. my times are feedback for developement.