Not all folders showing up in library?

Green Luthor

Green Luthor

Not sure if this is a simple problem or not, but here's the issue: I set a folder in Emby to contain TV shows.  It scanned the folders, and most of them showed up fine.  However, there are a few shows that aren't appearing in the library at all.  I had previously renamed all the episodes to follow the same format for each series (Series\Show\Show.sxx.eyy.ext).  A few shows that are related are grouped together in a folder off the Series folder, with subfolders for the specific series, still following the same naming format.  All of those are showing up fine; it's just a few shows (not in group folders) that aren't there, and I can't figure out why not.  I've tried moving the folders around, I've removed the TV Shows library and added it back in to Emby... nothing seems to work.

I'm currently running Emby 3.0.5972.0 on Windows 10, although I was experiencing the same issue on earlier versions prior to the latest release.  I've attached the latest log file (I just restarted the Emby server to get a fresh log; if more logs are needed, let me know).

Any ideas?  Am I just doing something wrong with the folder structure and/or naming conventions?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Hi, welcome. Can you give us some examples? Screenshots of the folders would be great as well. Thanks!

Green Luthor

Sure; here's a screenshot of the main folder for all my series:

574b17b0c9b06_Series.png

The four highlighted folders are the series that aren't showing up.  (The ones without thumbnail images are the ones where the series are grouped together; all of those do appear to be showing up in Emby, although some are showing the group in the Shows tab, and others (the ones for Gundam, KImagure Orange Road, Macross, and Patlabor have all the series showing up separately on the main Shows tab instead of being grouped together.  That's a more minor concern, though.)

Also, if it helps, the full folder structure is as follows:

+---Amethyst
+---Animation Runner Kuromi
+---AnoHana
+---Aria
|   +---Aria the Animation
|   +---Aria the Avvenire
|   +---Aria the Natural
|   +---Aria the Origination
|   +---Aria the Origination Picture Drama
|   \---Aria the OVA Arietta
+---Azumanga Daioh
+---BGC
|   +---AD Police
|   +---Bubblegum Crash
|   \---Bubblegum Crisis
+---Big O
+---Cardcaptor Sakura
|   +---Cardcaptor Sakura Specials
|   \---Cardcaptor Sakura TV
+---Clannad
+---Cowboy Bebop
+---Cromartie High School
+---Da Capo
|   +---Da Capo
|   +---Da Capo If
|   +---Da Capo II
|   +---Da Capo III
|   \---Da Capo OVA
+---El Cazador de la Bruja
+---Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
+---Golden Time
+---Gundam
|   +---Gundam Reconguista in G
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2 Gravity of the Battlefront
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO Apocalypse 0079
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
|   +---Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Gundam Frag
|   \---Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
+---Gunslinger Girl
+---hackSign
+---Haruhi Suzumiya
+---K-On!
+---Kimagure Orange Road
|   +---Kimagure Orange Road OVA
|   \---Kimagure Orange Road TV
+---Love Live!
+---Lucky?Star
+---Macross
|   +---Macross 7
|   +---Macross Frontier
|   +---Macross II Lovers Again
|   +---Macross Plus
|   +---Macross Zero
|   \---Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
+---Mahou Shoujo Madoka?Magica
+---MST3K
+---Oh My Goddess
|   +---Ah! My Goddess - Flights of Fancy
|   +---Ah! My Goddess - Flights of Fancy Specials
|   +---Oh! My Goddess
|   +---Oh! My Goddess (2011)
|   +---Oh! My Goddess (OVA)
|   +---Oh! My Goddess Fighting Wings
|   \---Oh! My Goddess The Adventures of Mini-Goddess
+---Patlabor
|   +---Mobile Police Patlabor
|   +---Mobile Police Patlabor Early Days
|   \---Mobile Police Patlabor The New Files
+---RiffTrax
+---School Rumble
+---Tenchi Muyo!
+---Ultra Maniac
+---Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
+---X TV
\---You're Under Arrest
    +---You're Under Arrest Full Throttle
    +---You're Under Arrest Specials
    \---You're Under Arrest!

Again, thanks for any help.

Hi, so you've added that Series folder as an Emby library with content type TV? Can I see the contents of the AnoHana folder? Thanks.

Green Luthor

Yes, the folder was added as with TV content.  Here are the contents of AnoHana; let me know if there's other information that I can provide regarding the folder or the files within:

5751f7639233f_AnoHana.png

Again, thanks for looking into this.

Happy2Play

Could it be "AnoHana" is just not being recognized, since there is no metadata?  Shouldn't it be "AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day"?

Do all your missing series show in the Metadata Manager correct?

Edited by Happy2Play

Starlionblue

I don't know if it affects detection, but the best practice is to have a folder for each season. Make a folder under AnoHana called "Season 1" and put the season 1 episodes in it.

It might be the name. Is this the live-action drama, or the anime? The anime uses the full name @@Happy2Play mentions. The drama is not allowed on TVdb. So if it is the anime add it usng the fullname and it should be recognized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Green Luthor

The episodes (for any of the missing series) don't show up anywhere in Emby at all.  If I search for them, it finds the folder, but doesn't show anything inside.

(I'm not sure that it would be due to the folder not being named right; even in that instance, shouldn't the content show up, just without the proper metadata?  Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! shows up in the library, but has no metadata or images (I'm guessing it'll show up if I rename it to the common shorthand WataMote).  And I would think it would find the metadata for Cowboy Bebop; it's too well-known of a show, I'd think, but that's another one that doesn't appear in the library at all.  (Searching for that also yields an empty folder.))

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log.

Green Luthor

Can you post a server log.

server-63600673504.txt

Sure thing, thanks.  (It wasn't letting me upload the log, though it should have been under the 10 MB limit, so I restarted the Emby service to generate a new log file.)

Happy2Play

Can you post a log after a library scan.

I'm going to test out a series with the exact same filenames too see what happens

Happy2Play

I'm going to test out a series with the exact same filenames too see what happens

@@Luke, Just did on current dev and everything pulling in fine with default providers.

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: Running EpisodeXmlProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: EpisodeXmlProvider returned no metadata for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: Running TvdbEpisodeProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Debug App: Running MovieDbEpisodeProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:55.7336 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/39434/season/1/episode/1?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=images,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null

2016-06-04 18:59:56.0461 Debug App: Running TvdbEpisodeImageProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4

2016-06-04 18:59:56.0461 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/247958/4078707.jpg

2016-06-04 18:59:56.0930 Debug ProviderManager: Saving image to C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01-thumb.jpg

2016-06-04 18:59:56.1086 Debug ProviderManager: Saving C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4 to Nfo.

2016-06-04 18:59:56.1243 Debug App: Saving C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E01.mp4 to database.

2016-06-04 18:59:56.1422 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for C:\Users\user\Desktop\Video Test\TV Series\AnoHana\AnoHana.S01.E010.mp4

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Excellent, thanks. Can you see them in the UI?

Yep, virtual season with all 11 episodes.

Happy2Play

Did you change these folders content type TV in Metadata Manager?  Not all of them should have been changed to TV from Inherit.  Your AnoHana example should be Inherit.  Does changing that allow that series to be seen? 

"ContentTypes":[{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Aria the Animation","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Bubblegum Crisis","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\AnoHana","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Kimagure Orange Road","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\K-On!","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Love Live! School Idol Project","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Macross","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Patlabor","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Gundam","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Cowboy Bebop","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\Mahou Shoujo Madoka?Magica","Value":"tvshows"},{"Name":"D:\\Stuff\\Videos\\Series\\AnoHana\\AnoHana TV","Value":"tvshows"}]

Green Luthor

Did you change these folders content type TV in Metadata Manager?  Not all of them should have been changed to TV from Inherit.  Your AnoHana example should be Inherit.  Does changing that allow that series to be seen?

Ah, I think I must have done that a while back; when I was first trying to set up the library, I had some movies in the same folders as their associated TV series, so I tried manually setting the type of the series folders to TV.  I ended up separating the movies into a separate folder (as per the recommendations for Emby), but must have forgot about making those changes.  (As one part of trying to get everything set up, I tried removing the TV section from the library completely and recreating it, but it must have remembered those folders as being set to TV instead of resetting them to Inherit, I guess.)

Anyway, setting it to Inherit did the trick; I changed the other problematic folders as well, and everything is showing up properly now.

Thank you (and everyone else) for the help!

Happy2Play

All those locations are stored in you System.xml as seen in the top section of you log.

Glad it all worked out.

@@Luke shouldn't those custom content type paths be removed if the library is remove?