Trakt sync from Trakt to Emby

chrisoldroyd
Go to solution Solved by reggi,

chrisoldroyd

I have the Trakt plugin set up and working well but sometimes I watch an episode of a show at a friends house and use an app to check it off and mark it as read on Trakt. Is there a way to get Trakt to talk to Emby when this happens and ask Emby Server to mark it as watched too? 

It would be really handy to get that working unless I have missed something?

Thanks

Chris

• Solution
reggi

Hi Chris,

Go to Scheduled Tasks on your Emby-server. There you will find a Trakt tasks called "Import playstates from Trakt.tv"

Standard this has no time trigger, so add one if you like or run the task manually.

Hope this helps :)

reggi

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
schogobong

Sorry for commenting on such an old post, but I actually have the same issue. But when I force run the trakt sync the progress bar appears for a few seconds at 0%, disappears and nothing happens.

Interestingly in the task overview it doesn't say that it just ran, but instead says "Last run 59minutes ago. Took 4 seconds"

On trakt, everything is marked correctly, but I can't get it to carry it over to Emby.

Sorry for commenting on such an old post, but I actually have the same issue. But when I force run the trakt sync the progress bar appears for a few seconds at 0%, disappears and nothing happens.

Interestingly in the task overview it doesn't say that it just ran, but instead says "Last run 59minutes ago. Took 4 seconds"

On trakt, everything is marked correctly, but I can't get it to carry it over to Emby.

Hi, did you check the various settings in the trakt plugin config page?

schogobong

Everything should be correct:

- Configured for the only available user (myself)

- Authentication PIN entered (in trakt Emby also shows up in the connected apps, so it should be correct)

- No folders excluded

- Skip unwatched import from Trakt: unchecked

- Update watched history on Trakt: unchecked (because I am only trying to import the existing watched status from trakt)

- Enable debug logging: checked

- Expor media info: unchecked

schogobong

One thing that I just thought of:

It's always those 59minutes time difference. I have already noticed, that the server time is off from my computer time by one hour - so that is probably why it looks like nothing is running when I force run the import playstates task.

So it seems to be running for 3-4 seconds usually but it doesn't actually change anything at all.

schogobong

So this just worked - please don't ask me how or why :D

I am a Chrome user. So I went into the trakt settings in Edge and got a new PIN and checked if there were any other settings that Chrome was hiding (just to be sure), then I went into IE as well to check.

Back to Chrome, force sync, worked fine...God I love technology ^^

• 4 months later...
thekingswolf

hmmm mine isn't syncing.  added my pin, on the right profile, import playstates runs instantly with no errors, tried across multiple browsers.  Nothing is marked as played in emby library :(

thekingswolf

yeah nothing syncs, specifically i'm talking about Trakt and the "watched" status of a file.  

5b08e4bd3f8cd_trakt.png

runs fine, no errors, all my folders are checked in the settings.  But after i run this, I just don't see any changes in my library at all.  Everything is still marked as unwatched.  movies, shows, whatever.  This sync performs no changes.

Can you please go over an example of something that you feel didn't sync right? Thanks !

thekingswolf

i'm sorry man i'm not sure how I can get any more specific. 

Criminal Minds - S01E01.  Marked as watched in my Trakt profile, watched status not changed in Emby after import playstates, still marked as unwatched.  

Did you check that the series has a tvdb id in emby, and that the episodes have both season and episode numbers in emby?

thekingswolf

yes.  everything is good.  I'd be glad to make a guest account for you to log into my server and poke about.  I can't find a single problem, no idea why it won't sync.  .  Not a huge issue really, just not sure why it doesn't work.

thekingswolf

So i figured it out.  It was my mistake of course.  I forgot I made two profiles for myself.  One profile is the main admin log on that i use for editing and server control, but I made a read only profile for myself to watch in Kodi partly because I don't like Kodi having write permissions on my library but also so the account I use to actually watch things is identical to everyone else's account to help me quickly identify issues.  When I synced my Trakt list, i synced it with my read only profile since that's what i use to watch things, but I was logged into the admin account when looking for the updated watched status.  noob mistake lol.  

Edited by thekingswolf