Remote of Choice?

RC_EMBY

RC_EMBY

I have a NVIDIA Shield box and am struggling with finding a cheap/good remote to use that can control Emby correctly. I currently use this http://amzn.com/B00K768DHY but it does not work well with volume, or going back. Anyone have any suggestions? Would prefer IR capabilities so I can control my TV

The Shield now works with HDMI-CEC so you should be able to make it work with any modern TV and that TV's remote.

It's real remote is BT, not IR.

I recommend the Harmony remotes for a universal but, even in that case, you will probably be going through CEC to control the Shield.

jasonmcroy

The Shield's native remote is BT, but it does have an IR receiver built in to the front of it and works extremely well with my Harmony 650 remote. 

This remote works just as well with my Xbox One and with my HTPC running a Flirc dongle. Great remote for me.

jasonmcroy

I thought the oiffical remote and Gamepad used wifi direct

Yes, I believe you are correct.

foghat

I use the Roomie (now called Simple Control) app on my iphone.  But until the Shield integrates IP commands, I need to use an IR receiver/blaster to control it.

Edited by foghat

Vidman

It does already as there are official android TV remotes for iOS and android but they use proprietary authentication/pairing that has not yet been opened up for use by other apps afaik

Edited by Vidman