Force server transcoding for slower laptops/computers

jcain

Seeing as the server can decide what/how/when to transcode for tablets and phones (i know the app allows you to dictate connection speed so i'm sure that tells the server how much to transcode), is there a way to make a specific login/profile for say a slower laptop in the home so that every video it requested would be transcoded?

My core duo 2.0ghz laptop with intel 965 video chipset just can't decode the 1:1 blurays worth a hoot. 

Thanks, 

Jon

PS: server is a dedicated server (not the laptop in question) with 12 core opteron 2.4ghz and 32gb of ram.

Edited by jcain

Well heck, I was just perusing the web UI and i'll be durned, you can indicate what video quality you want on there, and the laptop reacts accordingly, it can play it fairly smooth. Can we port this feature into MBC on a per profile basis?

SilentAssassin

MB Classic does not request transcoded files, it accesses and plays the files directly.

• Like 1

i mean, i launch mpc-hc externally so i think i'd be ok there but it could be noted to the user that they need to use a capable external player or mbt?