Emby Home Tiles directly in Leanback interface

3dcooper

3dcooper

Hello

May I ask if there are any plans to put the Emby Home view icons/tiles directly on the Android TV Leanback interface.

Thanks

Dave

Not sure what you mean but we already create recommendation tiles on the device home screen.

3dcooper

Hi ebr

Thanks for responding. Let me try and explain a little better.

We have an shield and it boots into android leanback (as you well know). It has all the icons for games YouTube etc.

The key thing is may family like this interface and would like to select TV, music, movies or Google play directly from here.

Up until now I've been setting up smpc to launch instead of leanback but I'm getting tied of the whole kodi thing!

It would be good to have the emby home screen / library icons direct on lean back e.g

1. Logon/ who is login in

2. Emby TV

3. Emby music

4 Emby Movies

Etc

Meaning someone using leanback could see a live TV icon rather than have to select emby then TV.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Dave

That makes sense but there is no facility in the framework for creating multiple entry points for an app from the device home - other than the recommendations which we are using now.

Notice, none of your other apps are doing that either...

3dcooper

And the emby client couldn't be separate apps...bar the login control?

As at the minute there is a non intuitive step between leanback and emby depending on the content you want to consume??

That said maybe I've spent to much time with smpc as my launcher and I've just become used to the idea?

Thanks again

Dave

It would not be possible to create separate apps on the fly for different people's entry points.

It wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if the ability to add intents to the main launcher eventually becomes possible though...

• 7 months later...
3dcooper

Ebr

Happy New Year to you and thanks for all your hard work 2016!

May I reopen an old thread and ask if "the ability to add intents to the main android TV launcher has become possible"?

Thanks

Dave

Happy New Year!

May I reopen an old thread and ask if "the ability to add intents to the main android TV launcher has become possible"?

Not to my knowledge.

CBers

And in English, that means?

Vidman

What would be cool is if the emby app could have the option to be the default launcher like is possible with spmc ( though that would mean the emby app would have to add the functionality to launch other apps

3dcooper

Hi

It is just Ebr's description of what was needed in Android to achieve the following which I asked about earlier in this thread......

It would be good to have the emby home screen / library icons direct on lean back e.g

1. Logon/ who is login in

2. Emby TV

3. Emby music

4 Emby Movies

Etc

Meaning someone using leanback could see a live TV icon rather than have to select emby then TV.

Thanks

Dave