recorded tv

xXSagaiaXx

xXSagaiaXx

Just updated to newer version and now recorded tv folder is broken. I cannot access to folder via android tv or web. I can play the shows from the menu on android tv but when I go into the folder it stays on loading...  Also, its grabbing metadata all wrong now, for example, the tv series The Young and the Restless its getting a movie call The Young, Gay and Restless.

Thanks,

S.

server-63599644800.zip

harrying

I am having the same problem after the latest update Version 3.0.5972.0

Under Live TV - Recordings 

Not all scheduled recordings are listed

After the show is recorded - it disappears

But shows in TV - In Home Movies

at this point the meta data is all wrong - was OK for the few scheduled recordings that show in recordings as scheduled

And the recordings can not be deleted 

This use to work pretty well - wish I could go back

Also scheduled recordings are not marked in Live TV - Channels only in the Guide

• Like 1

the server should have created an emby library for recorded tv. if you're not seeing it might be due to user access permission, so check that.

TroyBennett

I'm having a separate issue, where i get like 100 recored tv libraries added, like Recored TV, Recorded TV1, Recorded TV11, Recorded TV111, on up, until the server crashes.  The only way i can fix it is by removing the directory where i want to save recorded tv to in livetv.xml, then go through the library and remove all the Recorded TV's there. I will provide a log file when I get the time to do so.

xXSagaiaXx

the server should have created an emby library for recorded tv. if you're not seeing it might be due to user access permission, so check that.

It did and I am seeing the library but when trying to access Recorded Tv in "Latest Recordings" from the main screen under "On Now" it just says Loading... and nothing else. Another thing, when choosing one of my recorded shows in "Latest Recordings" I can no longer delete the show like I used too (I dont want to have "Able to delete media" permission checked under user settings cause it doesn't descriminate between any media and the kids may accidentally delete something). 

It did and I am seeing the library but when trying to access Recorded Tv in "Latest Recordings" from the main screen under "On Now" it just says Loading... and nothing else. 

I think this is a problem specific to the Android TV app caused by this change but not picked up until now.

Another thing, when choosing one of my recorded shows in "Latest Recordings" I can no longer delete the show like I used too (I dont want to have "Able to delete media" permission checked under user settings cause it doesn't descriminate between any media and the kids may accidentally delete something). 

Unfortunately, this is just something that isn't possible anymore but we should have a solution for in the future.

Luke - the specific issue is that, when I get results of a recordings query now, those items no longer have a StartDate defined.  Where is this information in the new world?

xXSagaiaXx

Unfortunately, this is just something that isn't possible anymore but we should have a solution for in the future.

What would be nice if it could work is the ability to choose what libraries you can delete media from after giving permission to delete media. 

• Like 1

What would be nice if it could work is the ability to choose what libraries you can delete media from after giving permission to delete media. 

Yup.

• Like 1

Luke - the specific issue is that, when I get results of a recordings query now, those items no longer have a StartDate defined.  Where is this information in the new world?

Luke...?

you can just sort by datecreated if you want the order of added to the library, or premieredate if you want by date aired.

I want the date the recording was made - which would not necessarily be the premiere date of the item in question.  Would that always be date added?

Well, that question is moot because it appears DateCreated is not filled in either...

Also is livetv/recordings/groups defunct now?  That appears to be coming back empty.

Spaceboy

Also having this problem on the android tv app. Also since starting to use a HD homerun and emby tv I'm also having a problem where new recorded tv items don't show up unless I restart the server

Spaceboy

Also having this problem on the android tv app. Also since starting to use a HD homerun and emby tv I'm also having a problem where new recorded tv items don't show up unless I restart the server

But fixed with today's update

darrenkdean

Is it possible to hide the auto created recorded tv / recorded movie folders?

I'm running MCEBuddy with ComSkip to strip the commercials out, convert it to H.265 (HEVC), & then move it over to the Recorded TV folder on the storage server.

I like the idea of being able to schedule recordings through Emby, however, I don't want the recorded shows showing up until the server has finished with the file & moved it to the correct location on the storage server.

Would this be possible to add in a future release?

Best-

Darren