What Audio Codec...

Tolerant

Tolerant

What audio codec is used when playing in a browser (FireFox) for example on Win10-64bit ?

I am trying to adjust audio issues but none of the K-Lite Codec config settings for various filters on the system seem to make any change. Is there somewhere else I should be looking or anything I can do besides the max of "3 boost" available in Emby's server config?

Currently the example I am testing is transcoding but the audio is so quiet with two of the last files I have tried have made them almost unwatchable .. Or some scenes are so loud I have to manually turn down the audio. I can only assume the encodes were not great.. but any advice on where I should be looking or any suggestions would be great.

For music, recent versions of Firefox will use opus and older versions will use mp3. For audio within video files, the transcoding format is aac.

No codec pack is going to have any effect on firefox. I noticed the issue as well with firefox but did not have time to figure out what the best improvement will be. It's happening because we're transcoding to more audio channels than you have speakers. When i tried transcoding to 2 i saw cases where firefox played no audio at all. So this has become a side effect of the video transcoding improvements, although it doesn't happen with all videos. I'll take another look at it when i have a chance. In the meantime I would suggest turning up the volume.