Recently Added Music Process Confirmation

vmcosco

vmcosco

I've been trying to get to the bottom of my recently added music issues and think I may have figured it out.  I am looking for confirmation that this is how it works.

I recently (May 16) added three older albums to Emby.  I did not want them showing up in Emby's Recently Added Albums so I changed the file dates ("Created", "Modified" & "Accessed") to 5/16/2013 before dropping them into my music folder.  As expected, none of the three albums showed up in Emby's Recently Added Albums.  Yay!

When the newly added albums got "sent" to Kodi, all three showed up in my Recently Added Albums list.  Ugghh.

I went back into Emby to confirm that all Songs had "Date Added" of May 16, 2013.  They all did but in doing so, I noticed that each Album had "Date Added" of May 16, 2016.  I changed each of the Albums in metadata manager to May 16, 2013.  I did a full refresh on my Kodi database.  All three albums no longer appeared in Recently Added Albums in Kodi.  Yay!

So my conclusion is:

Emby uses the "Date Added" from Songs to populate the Recently Added Albums list. 

Kodi uses the "Date Added" from Albums to populate the Recently Added Albums list.

Is that correct?

I think the answer is more likely that they are showing recent music in terms of albums added, and emby does it in terms of songs added, and then takes those songs and gets the albums based on that

• Like 1

vmcosco

I think the answer is more likely that they are showing recent music in terms of albums added, and emby does it in terms of songs added, and then takes those songs and gets the albums based on that

Thanks.  I think we are saying the same thing essentially