Version 3.0.5971.0 broke Seasons

Zodler

Yes. So what's happening is you have bad metadata, and by not allowing emby to overwrite it, you are preventing it from getting fixed. The server used to auto-correct this on the fly but I removed some of that as part of the performance work. So now it basically treats each episode as a standalone record. I will have to put some of the auto-correction back in. Hopefully the users with nice and clean metadata won't be upset with you :)

Michael K

LOL...thanks for making me feel good :-)   

Any chance it can be a toggle on/off in the server settings so performance isn't compromised for users with good metadata?

I don't want to be the reason for poor performance for other users :-)   

Thank you for all your help.

Happy2Play

But at the same time a library refresh should resolve all your issues with incomplete metadata.

Michael K

I don't use the "download artwork and metadata from the internet setting" built into the server (not selected).

I use MediaScout to pull metadata from thetvdb.com and store it in the folder locally.  For my purposes it gave me better control of my metadata.

Happy2Play

So to me the only way your metadata will work properly is if Emby is reading the <EpisodeID>84299</EpisodeID> from your existing metadata.

Please try the beta version from the website and let me know if it brings your episodes back. thanks.

Zodler

On Version 3.0.5972.0 this problem still exists. As you can see from the screen captures. The episode is added and shows on the main page but it is not accessible from the show's page.

post-87336-0-16772300-1464459112_thumb.jpg

post-87336-0-70949500-1464459120_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Michael K

Hi Luke,

With release 3.1.5999.20120, it happens again that the episodes do not display when the season is missing.

Was something changed with the metadata fetcher?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Hi Luke,

With release 3.1.5999.20120, it happens again that the episodes do not display when the season is missing.

Was something changed with the metadata fetcher?

Thanks.

Have you performed a clean database?  I should bring back your flat series structure.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35590-seasons-missing-after-server-update/?p=335581

Zodler

Guys this problem as I posted an image still exists. You see Seasons but nothing below it. How can I correct it?

Starlionblue

Had this same problem of season being blank appear with latest beta update. Version 3.1.10.0.

Happens in every client and also the web console.

Rescanning fixed it but a couple hours later the problem was back...

Logs here.

Edited by Starlionblue
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Starlionblue

Had this problem again with the latest update, but with a twist. In some but not all of my content folders, TV shows had seasons but no episodes.

After rebuilding the database, refreshing metadata and a bunch of other stuff without success, I noticed that shows in "mixed content" libraries were the ones that didn't wok. Metadata Manager showed these as having content type "inherit". Setting the content type to "TV" and refreshing the metadata made the episodes show up again.

MAybe in previous versions any folder with season sub folders was read as a TV series, but this new version only sees the content type?

Edited by Starlionblue