Track display titles for subs

MndWrp

MndWrp

With the new server feature that adds track display titles is there a way to control the way external subtitles files are named?

Is there a pattern I'm not aware of like...

Movie ( year ).title.eng.forced.srt

Nice feature though!!

Thanks!

With the new server feature that adds track display titles is there a way to control the way external subtitles files are named?

Is there a pattern I'm not aware of like...

Movie ( year ).title.eng.forced.srt

Nice feature though!!

Thanks!

I don't understand the connection.  The file naming has nothing to do with the display title...

MndWrp

I don't understand the connection. The file naming has nothing to do with the display title...

Sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough.

I just wish to be able to control the display title of subtitles. If they're internal, it's easy to add data in the appropriate metadata field. But for external subtitles, other than language or forced, is there a way to specify a custom display title?

There is one generated by the server so that data is probably editable or controllable somehow?

It just assembles a name that should be very close to what it was before consisting of the language, type and then indicators if they are default or forced.  This is not configurable.

MndWrp

That is why i mentioned the srt file naming before... could we have an additional flag in there to specify the display name?

• 4 weeks later...
MndWrp

Maybe this should be a new feature request but it kinda goes like this...

Right now my external subtitles have a server generated title field in the lines of: "fra srt (F) (EXT)"

Which is fine for me but for my wife and kids this requires a bit of explaining.

I think the fact that it's an "srt forced external" is irrelevant for them .. they just want to turn it on and easily know what the sub is in clear terms

so as far as i know the only way to acheive this would be to have all my srt internal and edit the title metadata field... a huge amount remuxing work

Would it be possible to have a way to edit the title fields in the server inteface or to implement a way to add a specific title name to the srt naming convention.

Either would be good options for me..

thanks guys !!

We'll adjust the titles a little bit. we don't really need the codec name in there.

I think indicating the forced and, maybe, default one is important but the codec and internal/external probably are not.

As a user, if I see a forced sub, I know that one should probably be enabled because there are going to be foreign language parts of the audio.