Fill screen with grid of cover art?

thinksinc

thinksinc

One of the reasons I've avoided upgrading to Emby (I'm still running 2.6.2 on Windows 7) is because I've never been able to get Emby clients to look like how I want: a full-screen grid of just cover art of my movies.

I was able to achieve this look easily with the Chocolate theme on Media Browser 2.6.2, but I haven't been able to figure out if there's an equivalent with Emby Theater on a new Windows 10 machine I have. The default view shows 2 rows of covert art, but contain all of the extra interface cruft of the different navigation categories, alphabet navigation, etc. I don't want to see any of that.

In the Plug-Ins and Themes forum, there is a thread for the Chocolate theme for Emby that looks like what I want, but the first line says the theme must be installed using the MBClassic Configurator, which I can't find anywhere to download. The closest thing I could find for installing Media Browser Classic, which after figuring out how to download, cannot be installed on Windows 10.

Am I missing something simple here? I know there are all kinds of improvements in Emby, but not being able to configure the UI to my liking is a major holdup for my use.

Thanks for any pointers.

-R

Edited by thinksinc

Hi, welcome. We'd love to bring you that with Emby Theater. The best thing to do is get on-board and be active in the community so that you can have a voice that helps us identify what is important to you guys.

CBers

@@thinksinc - Emby Theatre and MBClassic are two different products.

MBClassic, now renamed Emby for WMC, uses WMC as you currently have on MB2.6.2.

It still has the Chocolate theme if you want to try it.

Theatre is a brand new product that is its own client, that doesn't need WMC. It's currently in full beta trials, but lots of people are using it each day as their main client.

There are a couple of developers creating themes for Theatre.

Hope this helps.

Emby for WMC (aka MB Classic) would give you exactly the same interface.  However, Windows 10 no longer has WMC so that is not really an option on that OS.

New theme (now called 'skins') development for Emby Theater is just starting to take shape and I'm sure it will have what you want before long.