LG Blu-Ray Players BD570 and BD670

civilmann

Hi! 

I have the LG BP550 and I'm able to see the Emby's DLNA server and its contents but when trying to play a .mkv (for instance), it just hangs...

The same files with another DLNA server like Plex just plays perfectly out of the box, but I would like to use Emby instead, so not sure if this is related with the topic of this thread as they all have in common that are LG Players (My LG TV plays it ok also).

Is there something especific I can tweak in the profile for this to work? so far all I have tried ended up with the player frozen.

Thank you in advance!

Best.

• 2 weeks later...
LaRseTe

Hi again!

Before trying again I have updated Emby server to the 3.1.2.0 version and now the player can not see the files as has been already described in previous comments. With the LG TV I can see and play them, but not with the LG BD player.

It should support almost all file formats, and using Plex as media server works fine, but I would love Emby to also work with it.

Find attached one log file. Inside you may find connections to both the LG TV (fine) and the LG BDP (wrong. IP:192.168.1.108). I have tried creating my own profiles with no sucess so far...

server-63619234882.txt

• 3 weeks later...

hi @@LaRseTe, I do not have one of those LG bluray players on hand for testing, so I am not entirely sure. There are a number of general dlna related improvements added for the next server release so I would suggest trying again once that is available. thanks !

Ok, unfortunately I do not have your device for testing, but hopefully future updates will resolve the issue or a community member with your device will help out. Thanks !