New version of theater in windows 10

NWGiles

NWGiles

Hello

Updated to 2.3.5 on all my machines, 1 * win 10 and 3 * win 8 .

They all requested the c update which I installed.

Since this the windows 8 work as beautifully as before, however the win 10 theater runs slowly, if I click into a series its really slow. Also when I play something, it plays but its behind the menu screen, which eventually comes to the front, but it takes a good 10/15 seconds.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the downloads section and its not improved.

any suggestions greatfully accepted

theater-63599199206.txt

also as a side note , the windows 10 machine has both emby server and theater on it

Edited by NWGiles
  • Like 1

Hello

Updated to 2.3.5 on all my machines, 1 * win 10 and 3 * win 8 .

They all requested the c update which I installed.

Since this the windows 8 work as beautifully as before, however the win 10 theater runs slowly, if I click into a series its really slow. Also when I play something, it plays but its behind the menu screen, which eventually comes to the front, but it takes a good 10/15 seconds.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the downloads section and its not improved.

any suggestions greatfully accepted

attachicon.giftheater-63599199206.txt

also as a side note , the windows 10 machine has both emby server and theater on it

I noticed some lag too, same setup as you win 10 with emby server and theater on same box. But I don't have anything nearly as bad as 10-15 seconds maybe at most an extra second or two starting a video or changing menus. Might be dependent on hardware, i7 with 24GB ram.

NWGiles

I have an i5 with 32gb ram, but there is nothing else installed on the machine.

and if you open the resource monitor there is very little strain being placed on the system

Koleckai Silvestri

My server is on a different box connected via gigabit ethernet. The Emby Theater client has direct read access to all media. I don't really notice any new lag in the system. The interface works well and only a second or so before the video starts playing.

MEB - try your again, mine is now running a lot faster..

Might be the update that fixed it or the reboot since windows update forced reboot the machine. So we'll never know.

• 11 months later...