(Some) Very Slow Clients

dubs

I primarily use Emby in 2 ways:

1. Amazon FireTV with Emby App

2. Web Interface in Google Chrome

Although for the sake of testing, I have just installed:

3. Emby Home Theatre (Same PC as #2).

On the FireTV, the system is generally good, loads pretty quickly, no complaints. However on the other 2 it is at times unusable, with the pages not completing to load, resulting in missing images and often the pulldown boxes for filtering not working (apologies for large images). First Emby Home Theatre:

573c3f76623f9_EmbyTheatreUnwatchNoImages

2nd the Web Interface (the AZ/Filter buttons aren't working at all at the moment)

573c3f7fcb5c6_EmbyWebChromeMoviesList.pn

The logs (/var/lib/emby-server/logs/server-#######.txt) show a series of Response 200's, and no errors. The load on the Emby Server is very low (0.02!). It almost seems to just be giving up. Anything obvious I might be missing?

server-63599165197.txt

Edited by dubs

jscoys

Hello what is your ET version? Did you update recently? I saw a big lag after updating from 2.2.7 to 2.3.3 and I think it's because ET had to rebuild its cache. Try letting ET run 1 hour and give it a new try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

Luke - Apologies I've attached the server log to the original post [server-63599165197] I work in IT and made the classic decision to check for anything obvious in the log then not attach it when I couldn't see anything. I hate people like myself :). I just went in to check some bits now and found the web interface no longer responding at all, the service needed a restart. I've had that a few times in the last month or so. Attached todays log file [server-63599212800] to this post in case it helps.

Jscoys - I'm running 3.0.5934.0. As far as I know everything is a rebuilt as its going to be, I've manually refreshed metadata and everything since the last update I performed as well.

server-63599212800.txt

Luke - Apologies I've attached the server log to the original post [server-63599165197] I work in IT and made the classic decision to check for anything obvious in the log then not attach it when I couldn't see anything. I hate people like myself :). I just went in to check some bits now and found the web interface no longer responding at all, the service needed a restart. I've had that a few times in the last month or so. Attached todays log file [server-63599212800] to this post in case it helps.

Jscoys - I'm running 3.0.5934.0. As far as I know everything is a rebuilt as its going to be, I've manually refreshed metadata and everything since the last update I performed as well.

Hi, there's a lot of performance work on the beta branch so if you could try that that would be great, thanks.

Hi, there's a lot of performance work on the beta branch so if you could try that that would be great, thanks.

OK, I think I've done it correctly (apt-get removed emby-server, changed to beta repo and installed emby-server-beta). I'm now on Version 3.0.5979.0.

First check and Emby-Theatre is now showing images and the web client while a little sluggish, is now working (to be fair, by a little sluggish its taking maybe 5 seconds to load the main movies page, which I guess isn't bad given the sheer amount of content!).

Thanks for the suggestion Luke, helpful as always :).