Auto Updates ?

pgriffith
Go to solution Solved by jordy,

pgriffith

Hi all

Should my Emby Theater update itself, mine never seems to?

I've checked the system.xml file and the following is present

<EnableAutoUpdate>true</EnableAutoUpdate>
<SystemUpdateLevel>Release</SystemUpdateLevel>

I've tried Beta & Dev instead, but no luck, I have to check the GitHub page to see when there is something newer than I have and manually download and install it.

Is auto updating currently enabled/working ?

Cheers

denz

No luck with auto update as well I just run the setup file every few days and it updates to the latest version if there is an update.

• Solution
jordy

When you start Emby Theater, as part of the startup function it checks the website for updates. If it finds any it downloads them in the background whilst you are watching your shows. The next time you start/re-start, the new version will be loaded.

You can check to see if it has found an update by looking in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\cache\temp\ The download is usually about 115Mb and will disappear as soon as it has completed downloading so you'll need to be quick.

If you look at the settings pages - click on your user icon and then select the cog - at top right it shows the version number, if an update has occurred this will increment...

Edited by jordy
  • Like 2

pgriffith

ah ok, Theater is not my main client I only use it infrequently, testing and waiting for the time when it's full featured enough to replace Medicentre.

I can see the data coming in now to the temp dir, I obviously need to leave it running longer.

Be nice if it gave a notification of some sort.