Ability to disable individual tuners in Live TV

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

I have one HDHR Prime which has three tuners. I'd like to be able to use tuners 0 and 1 in Emby, and leave tuner 2 for something else to use. Likewise for the dual tuner models. I think this is possible in nPVR, but I didn't see this ability in Emby.

Thanks for all the great work!!

Bobby

• 4 years later...
smills

Try setting up your HDHR  as a M3U tuner instead of a native HDHR  then limit the number of simultaneous streams to that M3U source. 
See if that works for you.

HDHRQasM3U.png.b27a413ec529164699132e78081e2e14.png

11 minutes ago, smills said:

Try setting up your HDHR  as a M3U tuner instead of a native HDHR  then limit the number of simultaneous streams to that M3U source. 
See if that works for you.

HDHRQasM3U.png.b27a413ec529164699132e78081e2e14.png

I don't think that will work. The lineup url does not return an m3u channel list.

smills

Luke,  you are right.  I swear I did that  and it worked, but now it wont as I described above.
BUT...  what I can do  is build my own  static local M3U file that points to each of the channels on the HDHR.  In the lineup screen rightclick on the channel number to copy the URL that you want to past for that channel and stream in your M3U file. 

You can create an M3U file from an HDHomeRun tuner pretty easily if you have python installed. I just helped a user a few minutes ago do exactly that.

But as Luke pointed out you can't use the lineup.html URL to do this as that will not work.

If you need help creating an M3U file from the HDHomeRun ping me but this won't help to disable individual tuners. You could of course specify only 2 tuners available for M3U use and leave 1 tuner available on a Prime or 2 free on a Quatro device.  If that's all you need to do then the M3U approach will work.

smills

@cayars   THanks for the offer!  I dont need help and was able to create a M3U file from my HDHR for testing pretty quickly even if I did do it manually.

If you have a python script written that can automate it then perhaps you might share that here so that other people might have it for future reference,

Regards,