Expanding the "multi-select" functionality

MarcusJ

MarcusJ

I'm curious if there has been any thought into the expansion of the multi-select feature to allow group or bulk changes to metadata??? I have thousands of movies that I try to maintain with accurate and descriptive genre's and plot key words. It is a huge task going through each and every single movie to customize these metadata fields one at a time...It is completely necessary, unfortunately, as the movie database sites are marginally accurate, at best, in their choices of genres and key words.  Many, many movies have only a single genre populated and even more have no plot key words at all...

It would extremely helpful if I could simply hand select dozens or evens hundreds of movies that are of a similar nature and add genres or plot key words to every one of them at the same time.  For example, I have thousands of movies with a set of genres that are nearly or completely identical with other movies (Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller or Action, Sports, or Animation, Children, Family, or Adventure, Horror, Sci-Fi, as just a few examples) or common key words in their plots (words like terrorism, or boxing, or mafia, romantic, espionage, martial arts, or anything else...).

This would be a HUGE time saver for me, and for anyone with a large library.

Has this request ever been made?  Is this even possible?  Planned? 

Thanks!

Hi, yea, more robust multi-item editing is definitely a great idea!

• Like 1