Emby for Android TV - Create links for other android apps

fonzie

fonzie

Would it be possible to create links to android apps so they can be opened from within the emby app.  That way the Emby could be used as a launcher, so to speak.  Example: being able to open youtube, netflix, pandora, etc from emby

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't it be quicker to just press "Home" on the remote and select those apps from the device home screen?

otispresley

I think it is more about a seamless experience than it is about ease of use. I do this very thing in Kodi, mark my favorite Android and Kodi apps as favorites so I never have to go to the home screen. The app gets launched from kodi and puts me back in Kodi after I close it. This is a nice feature to have when you want a media center experience.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

I think it is more about a seamless experience than it is about ease of use. I do this very thing in Kodi, mark my favorite Android and Kodi apps as favorites so I never have to go to the home screen. The app gets launched from kodi and puts me back in Kodi after I close it. This is a nice feature to have when you want a media center experience.

There is an app for Android TV, the name escapes me atm, but it allows you to autorun a selected app upon bootup on your device.

It'd be great for WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) if Emby could be THE app that starts, and what you return to if you run something else.

• Like 1

otispresley

There is an app for Android TV, the name escapes me atm, but it allows you to autorun a selected app upon bootup on your device.

It'd be great for WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) if Emby could be THE app that starts, and what you return to if you run something else.

This one I guess? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=news.androidtv.launchonboot&hl=en&rdid=news.androidtv.launchonboot

• Like 1