3D Trigger for External Player

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hello,

I see there is a trigger option for 3D now on the External Player setup.  I have a movie that shows 3D in ET (the 3D label is there), but for some reason it still opens in the Internal Player.

The log is attached.  Please let me know if I am missing something.

theater-63598842340.txt

Sparrowlogins

Seconding this. files are named movie.3d.fsbs.mk3d etc and show as 3D for emby and coverart but play in internal player even though i have set external player to stereoscopic player and my system recognises mk3d files

babgvant

Luke,

Any chance ET will be able to use the FP 3D decoding with Lav and MadVR?

I would like to enable this feature w/ ET, just haven't had time to evaluate what is required to make it work. Theoretically, if you drop the latest filters  in the respective folders and configure them appropriately it should be possible to "side-load" the functionality in to the current release.

Just run the app and try it. I'm only referring to the issue in the first post of this thread. If the issue persists you might want to try setting up the external player again.

jasonwilliams

Hi Luke,

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ET from the site (v2.3.3).  I have the option in Metadata set to HTAB.  The movie folder name ends in [3D], as does the filename.  When on the movie information screen in ET, I see the 3D label.  I deleted and recreated the link to the External Player in settings.  When I play, it continues to use the internal player.  To be safe, I updated my server to 3.0.5974.0.  I'm getting the same result. 

Player Path = C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\PowerDVD.exe

Arguments = {path}

Does the file extension matter?  In MBT, we had an option to trigger on .mk3d files - hope that isn't still a requirement.  :)

Logs are attached.  Thanks for the help!

Jason

Edited by jasonwilliams

Did you enable video file + 3d? I think I need to make that more obvious

jasonwilliams

That was it!

If 3D is a subset of Video File, maybe you could indent (and auto-populate the parent with [None] [.] [All]).  The interface needs some tweaking on this particular window.

With that said, Emby is an outstanding product and the community here is the most helpful I've encountered for HTPC.

Thanks Luke.

Jason