Nvidia Sheild

crystalgipsy

crystalgipsy

Sorry for the moan but I have almost given up with the app on the Shield, Why is exoplayer so rubbish at playing back anything for Emby on the shield. Since the demise of VLC i cannot play any content smoothly, to me it just looks lke it cant handle applying a pulldown to any 23.976 material. Its looks like its often repeating a frame behind the one it should making it very jerky, Even when I forced the machine in to 24Hz for 23.976 playback using TVHZ app the playback was beyond laughable and could no playback smooth at all repeating frames, jumping etc.  There is something seriously wrong with this player. Its not my network or server as using Kodi or Archos player on the same machine play smooth at 60hz or 24hz. Even PLaex at 60Hz seemed ok its the same jerky mess at 23.976 though. If this is the best we can get then I feel my days of Emby Premiere are numbered.The app showed so much promise but is just not worth bothering with if you want to enjoy smooth watching,

crystalgipsy

Really I thought it had gone since the last framework update? Signed up to the beta again but it appears to be the same as release at the moment,

crystalgipsy

I already posted logs on another thread covering playback issues and got no solution.