Genre Cleaner - How to add a new Genre

Dan64
Go to solution Solved by Dan64,

I need to add a new Genre to Genre Cleaner. I don't want to add a new mapping, I need to add a "base" Genre for example "Sport". The problem is that Genre Cleaner allow to add new Genre only the first time, after it use always the Genre previously found. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, but it remember the previous Genre and don't allow to add a new one.

If u just add a genre to one item in the dashboard it should show up to add shouldn't it??

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't see any (+) on Genre Cleaner. If for example edit a movie and add a Genre never seen before (example "Sport") and then perform a library scan I don't see the new Genre in the Genre Cleaner. I suppose that the reason is that is discarded since has never been mapped.

Moreover if after a while open for edit again the same movie, the Genre previously added has disappeared.

52c5a517b0457_Untitled.jpg   

Edited by Dan64

yea it's my fault.  i pushed the new server build before he was ready. you'll have to wait a few days until Ebr has returned from holiday and can update the plugin.

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't see any (+) on Genre Cleaner. If for example edit a movie and add a Genre never seen before (example "Sport") and then perform a library scan I don't see the new Genre in the Genre Cleaner. I suppose that the reason is that is discarded since has never been mapped.

Moreover if after a while open for edit again the same movie, the Genre previously added has disappeared.   

Uninstall the plugin.

Add the Genre to a movie or two so it is pre-existing.

Reinstall the plugin.

Reinitialize the plugin against existing genres.

Yeah it would be annoying to do it this way over a long period of time but should get you through until the plugin is updated. Especially if you need to add a few genres now.

The plus is still there, you just can't see it.  All the way on the right side of the dark bar heading that says "Allowed genres".