24 replies to this topic

#21 Magilla OFFLINE  

Magilla

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Hello,

as anticipated, I played a bit with a bunch of utilities and I think I achieved what I wanted, which was: "Launch ET using the Media Center Button of my remote from remote, show it on my second display which is actually my TV and maximize ET Window to full screen"

It works so far even if I need to do more testing. My setup requires:

1. WinLIRC
  2. WinLIRC Helper (you can download it from the WinLIRC website)
  3. AutoHotKey

I use WinLIRC to capture my MCE Remote commands and WinLIRC Helper to translate the Green Button code into a keyboard sequence (I use Ctrl-E to launch Emby Theater). With a simple script of AutoHotKey I execute ET when the "Ctrl-E" hotkey is pressed and by automatically sending just after the shift-Windows-Right hotkeys I move ET Window where I want, as maximized.

Now I should admit using three different utilities for such a simple task is a bit overkill :) and I would have preferred something simpler, but at the moment is what I have been able to. To be clear, WinLIRC Helper was necessary to me because I really wanted to use the original Media Center Green button to launch ET, and I couldn't find a way for AutoHotKey to recognize it even if I played a lot with the WinLIRC AutoHotKey script in the documentation. Maybe someone smarter can help me out :)

if you are interested, I've attached the script I'm using (you need to change extension back to ahk). The script launches WinLIRC (WL) and WinLIRC Helper (WLH) simply using two shortcuts saved in the same directory where the script is for convenience and then associate Ctrl-E to an action which runs Emby Theater (again I use a shortcut to the actual executable) and does the magic :)

The AHK script is executed at windows logon so is always there when I need it.

Everything is very basic and hard coded but hopefully can help someone while we wait for a more robust solution by the Emby team.

Magilla

Attached Files

• yardameus and TheShanMan like this

#22 yardameus OFFLINE  

yardameus

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 721 posts
  • Local time: 04:10 AM
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:41 AM

Any hope that this (remembering monitor/postion) or some sort of setting for which monitor to display on will be implemented soon?  This (and new theme development) is the only thing preventing me from heavily using/testing Emby Theater.

#23 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 AM

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

i hope so too

its more than 1 YEAR by now that this issue hasn't been worked on

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140578 posts
  • Local time: 05:10 AM

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

@HotteHotte

@daedalus

@TheShanMan

@Magilla

@yardameus

@DanSco

@Harblar

The next release of Emby Theater will feature improved performance, hardware acceleration, and better multi-monitor support. If you'd like to try it out ahead of time you can do so here:

https://emby.media/c...mpv-test/page-1

Enjoy.

• yardameus and SikSlayer like this

#25 DanSco OFFLINE  

DanSco

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

Sorry @Luke I was doing Exams for the last week (Ironically one of them was on the SDLC !! :) )  So Internet access and TV have been restricted.

Anyway. I've found this works perfectly now that I'm on 2.6.7. Also like the progress bars in the Now ON Section of Live TV, although I'm now happy with this screen really and prefer the EPG screen.

But I have about 100 Hours of TV to Catch up on now  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen, display, launch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users