Live TV - Scheduled page missing

kmarq13

kmarq13

Under live tv I am suddenly not seeing the Scheduled page anymore. I get the following:

Suggestions

Guide

Channels

Recordings

Series

I can't see what is scheduled to record. It is still there an working in the Android app. Where did it go? 

mellomade

The original 'Recordings' page (that contains your list of completed recordings) has been moved out of the Live TV section and added as a node in the Library similar to Movies, TV Shows, etc.

In the Live TV view - the tab 'Recordings' is actually the list of upcoming (scheduled) recordings.

I am not sure how this effects apps outside the web interface so far - the iOS app continues to show Scheduled and Recordings in the same display.

As I understand it this change is an attempt to give the Recordings area a more cohesive look and feel compared to the rest of the library.  So metadata, presentation, etc is much better and more like the TV library. 

Personally I like it - now I no longer have to use auto organize to copy my recordings into my TV Show library.

kmarq13

Ahh thanks. I see the scheduled way down at the bottom now, I hadn't noticed them.

I have to say I'm not a fan of this change. Years ago with Kodi all I wanted was to combine the TV and Live TV libraries. However, now I think of them differently. The Live TV library is my DVR. I'll watch something in that section and then likely delete it. 

The TV section is like my DVD library. It is shows I want to keep indefinitely. Mixing the two doesn't fit as nicely.

Of course everyone is probably going to have a different opinion on something like this

• Like 1

Ahh thanks. I see the scheduled way down at the bottom now, I hadn't noticed them.

I have to say I'm not a fan of this change. Years ago with Kodi all I wanted was to combine the TV and Live TV libraries. However, now I think of them differently. The Live TV library is my DVR. I'll watch something in that section and then likely delete it. 

The TV section is like my DVD library. It is shows I want to keep indefinitely. Mixing the two doesn't fit as nicely.

Of course everyone is probably going to have a different opinion on something like this

By default they are still not combined just as before. They only become combined if you customize it to do so.