LG Smart TV DLNA

els

I'm trying to figure out if Emby is actually using LG Smart TV profile - I turned on the DLNA debugging log and did not see profile not found message for particular LG TV. In addition, I can't modify the LG Smart TV when I click 'Save', nothing happened. I thought it would duplicate the profile and save it as custom profile? If custom profile and LG Smart TV profile use the same user agent which profile would Emby actually use?

I'm trying to force subtitles to test transcoding issue on a more powerful machine to confirm the current hardware for FreeNAS is subpar (earlier Emby server had the 'force subtitles' option which is no longer available in the settings) - the playback was choppy when subtitles are on.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Emby will always us custom profiles first then default profiles.  This is one reason you should always customize the Name in your custom profile.

Did you restart your server after enabling debug logging?

I copied the file to \dlna\user and tried to modify it via web interface however the 'Save' button doesn't appear to work. I don't know the xml format for subtitles.

Happy2Play

Then your best option is to open the kodi.xml in something like notepad and use it as an example.

The only thing I had to do is to add subtitle profile in xml file. I am not sure why the emby server UI doesn't allow me to modify the custom profile - a bug perhaps? I'm on .5931 (newer version isn't available for FreeNAS yet).

Thanks Luke. I just tested my LG TV with TS files via dlna and it can play TS files however I can't seem to figure out how to force it with closed captioning. Tried a few subtitle profiles in xml file which didn't help. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

For the next release of Emby Server I've added support for subtitles without burn-in transcoding for LG tv's. This should make them available for configuration with the LG remote control.