Emby Media Server flagged as malware by Webroot

rarchibald88

rarchibald88

Recently, my anti-virus/malware program - Webroot - has flagged the Emby Media Server dll as malware.  As a result, the "offending" item gets quarantined, thus rendering the Emby Media Server non-functional.  Until the very recent present, my EMS has been running without issues...just the occasional upgrade.  Then, out of the blue, my anti-virus program flagged an Emby dll as malware.  I've tried uninstalling Emby Media Server and reinstalling it several times but the result has always been the same....non functional.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Crysallis

c:\users\crysallis\appdata\roaming\mediabrowser-server\system\mediabrowser.updater.exe

This is what my flagged as infected with W32.Adware.Gen   

This just started.. I've used webroot for years..and I just got my first notice of it today.

• 2 weeks later...
revengineer

I can tell you that my employer flags the entire emby.media site as dangerous and blocks access. Not sure why.

pir8radio

I can tell you that my employer flags the entire emby.media site as dangerous and blocks access. Not sure why.

We do the same thing at work, they are probably blocking that site due to the .media    your company probably doesn't allow you to use streaming radio and things like that due to bandwidth correct?  Most sites ending in .media are probably sites that don't pertain to your work...   ;)   any way, nothing to do with the above issues...  

revengineer

It used to work, then got blocked. I stream other radio sites just fine. I do not know why it is. I don't even know if the decision is made in house or whether this is a rule provided by vendor of the security software. It does not really matter but it did make me curious.