Clarification on my setup

jdpg2

Luke,

I currently have MBT running on a dedicated HTPC.  I have the server running on a dedicated Media Server (Windows Home Server 2011).  My collection is entirely ISO images containing both DVD and ISO images.  MBT runs fine on the HTPC and the built in player works well other than no ISO support for the scene selection.  My real issue is with the sound and LAV.  I have tried every setting in LAV including moving the dtsdecoderdll.dll to the LAV folder but the only sound option I get is .aac which is then output as PCM to my receiver.  Would you know if .aac is forced in the player?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I understand that this is still beta/alpha software so if its not available yet I can always use TMT6 for the time being.

Thanks and keep up the great work

Problem solved. I have to run the server software on the HTPC and not on the server.  Not sure if this is due to MBT or LAV but now I have all sound and subtitle options available to me and the resume play back and scene features work great.  I will wait when Luke and team have a chance to look into the issue but my guess it has to do with the streaming from the server and what it sends back to the client.  Anyway sound is great and it works very well.

Brendon

That would be due to LAV mate, the codecs need to be on the system playing the shows, however MBT should have installed the LAV filters not MBS, there should be no need to have the server software on the HTPC.

I use WHS 2011 as well, server installed to server MBT on HTPC and any other pc's wanting it,  specific MB3 apps installed to their devices all works smoothly, although i have not tried the android app yet as i dont watch anything on my phone, kids have the iOS version on their pods/pads though and seems to work ok for an apple :P

Edited by Brendon

That's how I had it originally set up.  MBS on WHS ... MBT on HTPC with LAV...  My movies played fine but the sound being played was aac only with PCM being sent to my  AV receiver which sounded like crap.  There were no other sound codex's available i.e. like DTS or DDII.  Once I installed the server to the HTPC I now have full control over the sound (LAV shows them all) and the other features like scenes etc.. work correctly,

My guess is there is an issue with the way MBS presents streamed material to LAV or the way LAV interprets it, regardless all is working now.   I left an instance of the server running on my WHS so my Windows phones (running the app) can  still play movies.  Luke informed me that the streaming component of MBS still has a way to go so until then I happy with the way its working.