Users & User Library access

ASW

Hello, I am trying to create a user for my kids, to limit access to all of my movies.

I first created a Media Library "Kids Movies"

I then created a user "Kids" with library access to ONLY the folders listed below.

Nothing shows up (no movies) when I log into the Kids user.  What am I missing?

post-132628-0-38356200-1462749344_thumb.jpgpost-132628-0-61335800-1462749344_thumb.jpg

Hi, welcome. That really should be fine. Did you let the library scan finish after setting up the kids library? does the kids library show content for other users?

Hi, thanks for the response.  I did re scan the library afterwards.  The kids library does show in the other users, but it shows all the movies, not just the selected, as seen in the pics I have attached.  Could this be something with the FreeNAS server?

what other libraries have you created? do they use any of the same paths?

I've created two libraries, one for my profile to access all movies contained in the main folder and the kids library, pointing to only two folders within the main.  Yes, they do use the same paths.

Ah, I've figured it out.  It was the storage permissions within FreeNAS jails.  I had them pointing to all one folder, then trying to just tell Emby to look at one particular folder in the overall shared folder.  I just re-arranged the storage to individualize the movies I just want the kids to see, and all of the movies for me.  Basically I split up all the paths in FreeNAS instead of having them all crossing over.  Hope that makes sense...

• 2 years later...