Logging in on Samsung TV crashes server

Ultroman

Ultroman

It might not be your fault, but following a server beta update, when I try to log onto my server using the Samsung TV client, as in when I see my username and click OK, the server shuts down. The app freezes, andnever gets past the loginscreen.

I don't really see any errors in the logs. The server just stops. I'm not even sure it stops at that exact moment. It seems to keep running, until I go to my server and mouse over the icon in the bottom right of the startbar. Then the dashboard crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ultroman

Cool. I've rebooted the server several times, and reinstalled the app too. No difference. What scares me is the lack of errors...

FrostByte

I just deleted the app and reinstalled on my HTS and played part of a movie with no issues.  Seems to be working with no crashes on both my TV and HTS

Edit: let me know if you want me to try something else

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

Still seeing the problem. Even when trying the same thing from my other TV. I haven't touched anything on the server for a week. Only the automatic updates.

Here's a log. I restart the server, wait a minute, go to my TV to log on, the server dies.

Emby log.txt

FrostByte

I'm not seeing any errors either.  If you think it's the server have you tried reloading the latest beta, or loading the stable to see if it goes away?

Edited by FrostByte

5956 is up with a fix, thanks for testing pre-release versions of Emby Server.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Strange, wonder why so many people were having an issue and I wasn't.  Hope that patch works for you, seems like it fixed it for the others