MB Classic: Startup issues

heula

Lately I'm having these annoying errors I can't place.

I get messages about "Can't connect to the server etc" while the server is running and is reachable through the webclient.

When I hit retry this could be returning several times before I get the next message about an entry point error.

This error keeps returning for a second time and the third time finaly I have a connection with the server.

What could be causing this?

Using windows 8.1

Server version 3.0.5112.40848

MBC version 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1

Startup%20issues%20MBC%201.jpg

Startup%20issues%20MBC%202.jpg

Startup%20issues%20MBC%203.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/Startup%20issues%20MBC%201.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/Startup%20issues%20MBC%202.log

Happy new year to everyone

Logos302

I get this message if the server has not finished starting, or if it has not started( or gotten to about 5%) a scan after start up.  Another user had removed the scan library at start-up task and this was causing of his issue with connecting.  

Is the server on the same machine and you are just starting it up or coming out of sleep?  Or does the server machine sleep?

We are timing out trying to communicate with the server.  If any of the above is true, you need to give the server time to get going before starting MBC.

If those aren't the case, I would try removing all plug-ins and themes and see if that makes a difference.  Then start adding stuff back.

heula

Is the server on the same machine and you are just starting it up or coming out of sleep?  Or does the server machine sleep?

We are timing out trying to communicate with the server.  If any of the above is true, you need to give the server time to get going before starting MBC.

If those aren't the case, I would try removing all plug-ins and themes and see if that makes a difference.  Then start adding stuff back.

Yes and no. It happens whem my server must come from sleep mode but it happens on all machines trying to connect to the server.

MBC can't connect then for a while but the webclient is reachable except for the plugins.

The time I have to wait for a connection will be between 30 seconds to a minute.

Will try to remove the plugins to see what happens.

Plugins won't matter.  The server is simply not very responsive upon waking up from sleep.  I thought we had improved this but it still appears to be a problem. 

heula

Plugins won't matter.  The server is simply not very responsive upon waking up from sleep.  I thought we had improved this but it still appears to be a problem. 

okay, then I can stop testing with removing the plugins.

HTPCity_Planner

I have noticed this on my HTPC as well ever since Christmas.  MBC is very slow opening, like nearly 5 minutes.  Server is on the same machine.  I thought I read in another thread that perhaps unloading and reloading MBC will fix this....

Honestly, the latest revs of the server have been sacrificing start-up responsiveness in order to provide more rich features once the server is up and going and this has hurt the situation where your server is not going all the time.  At least for MBC since it does not page results.

I'm seeing something similar, for a MBC client connected to my network wirelessly it gives me the "Could not connect" message the first time it tries to connect, every time.  I can eliminate a sleeping server or inactive server as the culprit (at least for my system).  My server never sleeps, MBServer is always on.  It happens even when the server is already actively serving content to another MBC client (on the same machine with the server).  Now this is not any kind of significant delay, this is just when trying to connect the first time, and it is cleared up by hitting retry.  I have never gotten the "Entrypoint error". It is also not related to a media scan being run, I have disabled the task to run it on start and scheduled it to only run once a day at around 3 am. 

It is no big deal for me, just thought I would throw this info out there as another data point.  I have not tested to see if this happens with the latest server beta that was released within the last day or so (3.0.5115.35703), I have seen it happen with version 3.0.5112.40848 and before. 

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

MBC version 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1

I am having the same issue most on this thread are having.  MB Server and Classic Client are on same PC.  Using latest versions of MBS and MBC.  On a windows 7 64 bit machine.

I have to try and connect 3-5 times and some times it never connects.

HTPCity_Planner

I am having the same issue most on this thread are having.  MB Server and Classic Client are on same PC.  Using latest versions of MBS and MBC.  On a windows 7 64 bit machine.

I have to try and connect 3-5 times and some times it never connects.

Same setup. Same issue